kbz3pa

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

RAX
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

kbz3pa

Post by RAX »

TK2012 on a couple of comments writes of a possible cheat in recent inps by kbz3pa
I suggest MARP check latest kbz3pa's inps. He uses to freeze screen. For examble in turfmast-de he freezes game before every shot, check these images--> https://img.techpowerup.org/201121/cheat1.png ---> https://img.techpowerup.org/201121/cheat2.png
kbz3pa cheated in all five tmk-wds by freezing screen--> https://i.imgur.com/GSPVD4d.jpg He did the same in many others of his latest inps, like 8bpm in which he freezes game before any major shot, looks like saving state, see here---> https://i.imgur.com/esREFOL.jpg---> https://i.imgur.com/XnTM3T0.jpg---> https://i.imgur.com/0MwNWqp.jpg
Immediatly later kbz3pa deleted many inps in a row
kbz3pa.png
kbz3pa.png (265.04 KiB) Viewed 28629 times
xelnia
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Re: kbz3pa

Post by xelnia »

I'm the one that confirmed the Block Out score (oops). Went back and took another look...definitely something fishy going on.
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

Xelnia shared some information with me on the replays from this player. Definitely warrants investigation.
dan
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by dan »

I am disappointed in him.
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

editors are still deciding what to do I guess, but I'll just come out and say how I feel. He shouldn't be allowed at MARP any more. This is the exact same cheat that PAC used a few years back, deliberate use of an outside way to savestate and cheat recordings. Only difference here is that once he got busted, he didn't lie to everyone that his recordings were legit, he went into immediate panic mode to attempt to cover up his fraudulent recordings since he knew the jig was up. But then like PAC, he is going back to submitting recordings and trying to pretend that nothing's wrong, that he's always played honestly.

Nah.

I know participation at MARP in general is a lot lower than it was in past years, but I still feel that anyone that knowingly and deliberately uses outside cheats shouldn't be welcome here any more. Go make your own TAS recordings for youtube or whereever else you want to upload them, we shouldn't have to deal with this cheatery any more.
Cicca
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Cicca »

I personally 100% agree with BBH.....allowing just a single cheater to post scores will jeopardize decades of reputation, of MARP site itself, known as a place with strong concern about legit scores, and of all members, that always have been playing with unquestionable skills and honesty....
dan
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by dan »

Why doesn't he make an excuse or explanation here?
I can't understand his indifference.
RAX
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by RAX »

Same feeling here.
He started submitting new replays whistling as nothing happened.

dan wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:10 amWhy doesn't he make an excuse or explanation here?
Actually, he did something. Sarcasm:
search here TK.jpg
search here TK.jpg (24.9 KiB) Viewed 28440 times

And again, deleting it few moments later.
giro-X
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by giro-X »

I don't have much else to add to the conversation, just saying that I agree with BBH. You do as Pac? deserve the same treatment as his.
And of all the things that could happen this year in here, I couldn't expect this at all. The whole situation is rich of surreal details, it's mesmerizing and sad at the same time. :?
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

Same as BBH, I already posted on the editors forum that I'm in favor of a ban.
Temporarily or definitely ?
Not sure if he cames back after that, I will ever trust him for sure ...
jarl69
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by jarl69 »

'm ashamed of being Spanish, Another Spanish cheating. Good image they are leaving :( I'm really sad
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

RAX wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:49 am Actually, he did something. Sarcasm:
Stuff like this is what really pisses me off. When the cheater gets busted, tries to hide it with a "legit" score and tells people to check it because they're not cheating any more. This is a really brazen attitude of "ha ha, can't catch me!" and it's deplorable. Now we have to carefully inspect every recording you upload now to make sure no cheating was done? Why are these recordings worth anyone's time now if they're coming from someone who tried to see how much they could cheat and get away with?

Look how many recordings he self-deleted - a clear sign that if nobody had spoken up about this, he would have kept going and creating more and more savestated recordings until someone caught on.

This isn't like an isolated instance of "whoops I left autofire on" or "whoops I didn't notice the game was running too slow" - this is repeated and deliberate non-accidental use of an outside virtual machine to savestate the game and repeatedly reload until you get the desired result. This is exactly what PAC did 5 years ago, and the PAC incident should have set a very clear precedent that if you get caught trying to do stuff like this at MARP, you're not going to be welcome here any more.
Cicca
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Cicca »

jarl69 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:29 pm .....Another Spanish cheating......
BBH wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:36 pm .....This is exactly what PAC did 5 years ago......

1+1 always gives 2 :D ....very likely, he's PAC....
Is there any chance to determine if he is, or at least, could probably be, really him.... ?!?
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

I don't think it's the same person.
Kbz is here since 2000 (he was known as Mocha before)
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

I agree with others. Should be treated same as PAC. All scores by him on all games zeroed with a comment added and a link to this thread that he cheated.