Weird INP error

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

Barra
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Weird INP error

Post by Barra »

In the latest couple of versions of WolfMAME I have been intermittently encountering an error when hard-resetting to start a new recording:

It only happens every so often I press F5 (twice) to end the current recording, and start a new one. It kicks me back to the command prompt instead of loading the game. But then the game loads up again just fine.

Any ideas? Its not super-annoying as its pretty infrequent, but worth posting I thought.

Thanks
Andrew Barrow
mahlemiut
Editor

Re: Weird INP error

Post by mahlemiut »

Any game or system in particular? Some drivers might not like being hard-reset.
Also, I'd doubt that a hard reset would restart INP recording, largely because the INP filename is cleared when the INP is closed. This is so that if you are returning to the UI frontend (which is technically a driver of it's own), it doesn't overwrite the INP you just recorded. This affects 0.171 and up only.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Barra
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Re: Weird INP error

Post by Barra »

No specific game, has happened on almost every game I've played recently. Using Win7 64-bit

I'm recording through the command line, not the GUI.
Pressing F5 (default button is F3+shift) once ends the recording, pressing again resets the game and starts a new recording and gives the message below seen in the image
It does overwrite the INP so you have to be careful (I have learnt the hard way a couple of times)
Andrew Barrow