I can playback...but I can't play !!!

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

Cicca
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

I can playback...but I can't play !!!

Post by Cicca »

Hi,
How could it be possibile to be able to playback an .inp, but not to play with the same romset and the same emulator version....?! 8O It's happening to me with pbobbl2n and wolfmame 0.169....I can watch an inp, but when I start a game, it says me there are some ROMS/CHDS missing.... :roll:

Thanks for any hint....
mahlemiut
Editor

Re: I can playback...but I can't play !!!

Post by mahlemiut »

I can only guess that on playback, you're using a BIOS that you have, but not the one set for normal play. Either check for a game/system specific INI (neogeo.ini or pbobbl2n.ini), or failing that, get an up-to-date BIOS set (neogeo.zip). -verifyroms will check all BIOS roms, so can give a NOT FOUND error even if you have some working BIOS which will run the game.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Cicca
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Re: I can playback...but I can't play !!!

Post by Cicca »

I also tried to record an .inp, using the provided .bat file, and I managed to....
I the copied the 2 roms (pbobbl2n and neogeo) in another MAME version folder, and it started from the gui....

I actually don't know what's wrong....but I can workaround it, so it's fine.... :wink: ... I doubt I'll ever play that game again afetr Yolimpics2016... :P