Marp turning 18 soon...

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

NotMan
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Re: Marp turning 18 soon...

Post by NotMan »

Yeah @ BBH! I remember Dave's Video Classics back in '97. I guess that I may be the one of few Marpers could remember the first day Mame came out along with other few early emulators like DasArcade v3.0 (aka Dave Spicer's Sparcade). When I saw MARP on Dave's Video Classics? I thought it was another cheat mame's website cuz it was related to NES Action Replay. I ignored that website for a year until I decided to check it out. I believe that I first submitted first replay of TagTeam, Dkongjr, and few others around Jan. 99. It's was pretty cool website... people started showing all the replays of arcades in past. Some of them I haven't seen for years. Oh yeah...I remember BBH was first place on leader board with 155 1st place or something like that while few others like Beejay, Phil, Steve K, and others I forget trying to knock BBH out of leaderboard. Funny thing, how MARP grew in 18 years...still growing strong and gotten more new players showing/sharing their replays over the years. Seems like I'm getting older and playing less MAME games now as I did in the past. :(
Chufoglu
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by Chufoglu »

I remember Dave´s Video Game Classics in 99, when i started with internet. Perhaps i knew MARP from that site too. I was an spectator several years, after an active marper from 2006.
Chufoglu
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by Chufoglu »

Happy birthday MARP!
BeeJay
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by BeeJay »

Happy birthday indeed!! :)
AL
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by AL »

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyy!

AL
HAL: " It's puzzling . I've never seen anything quite like this before..? "
Barthax
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Barthax »

Barely visited MARP for a couple of weeks - real life gets in the way every now & then. I'm such a noob compared with others, arriving in 2002. I'd long been interested in getting "high scores" but it was MARP that introduced me properly to what an Internet scoreboard could be.

Belated happy birthday MARP. =D>