Game Settings Confusing

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

Shahbaz
Button Masher
Button Masher

Game Settings Confusing

Post by Shahbaz »

I just saw a new record of Rygar by Rubens (http://replay.marpirc.net/inp/4/8/b/rub ... olf146.zip)

It is not in "Default Settings" it is in "Normal Settings". I dont know how to check inp file for Default Settings or not, i only check the game play of player as i have made the record on TG in Normal Settings.

mahlemiut confirmed the score and thats why i am confused if the settings were done on Normal difficulty then why he did not mention in the description and clear to the player it is not in Default Settings.!! And if the Settings are Default then why game is running in Normal Difficulty?? This is a big confusing for me. Because playing and completing the game in Normal settings is more than 50% risky than Default Settings and this credit goes to the Player "Rubens" even he did not know about his great game play.

I was upset same like previous submission of Rygar (http://replay.marpirc.net/inp/3/9/1/rad ... _win81.zip)
It gets also Normal Settings...!!!

*Shahbaz
simpsons99
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Re: Game Settings Confusing

Post by simpsons99 »

you can change the settings and make the games harder for you .. TG has there different settings for some games maybe that's why this player did this.
If you have a FB Account I'm Brian Allen
On KLOV and other sites I'm Simpsons99
Arcade Game Scores
DKJR 1,073,800 Level F Kill screen !
DK3 TG MED Skill Level 1,365,000 Level 80?
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

I'm no expert on Rygar, although I did notice it seemed a bit more hectic than usual towards the end of the game. It certainly didn't seem to be easier than usual, players are welcome to increase the difficulty, if they wish, for a stronger challenge.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Shahbaz
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Shahbaz »

simpsons99 wrote:you can change the settings and make the games harder for you .. TG has there different settings for some games maybe that's why this player did this.
mahlemiut wrote:I'm no expert on Rygar, although I did notice it seemed a bit more hectic than usual towards the end of the game. It certainly didn't seem to be easier than usual, players are welcome to increase the difficulty, if they wish, for a stronger challenge.
Then must need to mention in the description about correct difficulty of game. Perhaps player don't know about Game's difficulty as he is saying "Default Settings".
mahlemiut, if you are agree then please mention in the description "Normal Settings" so the player will also come to know about himself. Thanks.
Shahbaz
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Shahbaz »

Thanks mahlemiut.
Shahbaz
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Shahbaz »

Again something strange with Rygar submissions. I saw new score (http://replay.marpirc.net/inp/2/9/2/m78 ... olf151.zip).
It is in "Hard Difficulty" according to my experience. But player (mogue) did not mention it. He completed the game with amazing scenes on some stages. Playing this game in "Hard Difficulty" is more than 75% risky than Default Settings (easy). And 100% risky in "Hardest Difficulty".
It is upon you mehlemiut if you mention the settings in description.

By the way i am seeing first time Rygar Submissions instead of Default Settings. =D> :D =D>
MJS
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by MJS »

I think it's up to each player to say so in the description when uploading.
Shahbaz
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Shahbaz »

One more great entry of Rygar by Saulo Nilson in Hardest Difficulty settings with great score.

http://replay.marpirc.net/inp/4/c/d/snp ... olf103.zip

He was very close to clear the end but lost on the Boss. With little more practice he could be able to make 7 million. !!

But Still he did not mention the Setiings too... only said "expert keyboard" as me too made all records on Keyboard.

By the way i appreciate you Saulo, as i am seeing almost complete game in Hardest level after me. =D> =D>

*Shahbaz
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

But did he use autofire? (He likes to do that... Not saying he did, but he has a habit of doing so.)
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Shahbaz
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Shahbaz »

Perhaps he used Auto Fire as i felt on some stages. But i am not 100% sure because i dont know how to check the inp file. Some players have ability to shoot the fire with fastest speed, press the button upto 10-12 times in One Second.!! Thats why we no need to blame without any proof.

Mahlemiut, if you have proof then you can take action...
AL
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by AL »

How is using autofire on Rygar any help? More of a hindrance surely?

AL
HAL: " It's puzzling . I've never seen anything quite like this before..? "
Shahbaz
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Shahbaz »

AL wrote:How is using autofire on Rygar any help? More of a hindrance surely?
It will be hindrance for me if i use Auto Fire in Rygar.
By the way using Auto Fire in Rygar, it does not effect the score only it depends on the experience with knowledge of SECRETS.

Auto Fire effects mostly Shum'ups Games.