Vigilante Glitches / Leeching

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

Shahbaz
Button Masher
Button Masher

Vigilante Glitches / Leeching

Post by Shahbaz »

I just saw a record of Vigilante http://replay.marpirc.net/inp/6/5/2/scl ... olf106.zip
There are glitches in this game. The Hero will not die after the "END OF TIME" if sit down on the ground or keep continue to shoot the punch or kick etc...

The score could be unlimited due to this glitch by any player. I am wonder the score is CONFIRMED !! Mr zlk and Phil Lamat don't know about this ?? :(
Because i don't want to compete this score with glitches... I hate...!!
zlk
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Re: Vigilante Glitches / Leeching

Post by zlk »

Can this be done indefinitely? I don't know the answer, but if it can be done forever then why not max out the score?

If it can be done forever then there needs to be a new special rule about the game.
dan
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by dan »

It is possible to do forever.
While you are squatting or jumping, there is no time-over.
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

Shahbaz wrote: Mr zlk and Phil Lamat don't know about this ?? :(
It's hard to say, but there are i.m.h.o. too many things I don't know about :)
Seriously, I haven't watch the inp yet, I only re-confirm what was already confirmed (by zlk) because I've moved the inp which wasn't in proper place.

I will look at that more carefully sooner or later.
INNUENDO
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by INNUENDO »

I guess I´ve watched this movie... Its name is... Elevator Action and infinite points??
Long life to good games
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

Shahbaz wrote:I am wonder the score is CONFIRMED !! Mr zlk and Phil Lamat don't know about this ?? :(
Because i don't want to compete this score with glitches... I hate...!!
Note: confirmed recordings are ONLY indicative of whether or not a recording playsback to the intended score. A confirmed recording can be banned later for other reasons, but it's confirmed because it played back to the confirmer to the stated score.

http://replay.marpirc.net/r/vigilantb

Now about the use of leeching. I'm in Phil's boat, I don't know this game well at all and this technique very well may not be infinitive. But with a quick playback of the first 50k of the recording: if the timer had hit zero and killed the player, this technique likely would be ok because you couldn't do it infinitively, you'd have to start over and your leeching would be limited by the game. But, since the timer hits zero (and stays zero, no death no timer reset) and the player continues to leech. What is to stop the score from being 1 billion?
-skito
Shahbaz
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Shahbaz »

This is a simple sense, after "TIME-OVER" in many games there are deaths perhaps some games gets harder like Rygar, Snow Bros etc.. but the death is must and game play will be not similar like in Time running. If no death etc... then special rules must be for the games.

Ok, the score is confirmed or not then should be removed or disqualified to ZERO.!!

I don't know why did he not make max possible score, he just almost beat me on first stage. May he wants to keep a competition with me to the counter stop score perhaps 999k ?? that i don't want with illegal game play leechings, I think he is new and don't know about the rules... no matter if he beats me without glitches.. there is most welcome for him...!!
Shahbaz
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Shahbaz »

After waiting couple of months i did not see any reaction for "vigilantb" . Even i have sent PM to mahlemiut about this wrong submission but no response.

Chad told me that a wrong / illegal recording even Confirmed can be banned... but when...??!!

Is there any player wants to see a wrong score above him?? then please let me know.

*Shahbaz
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

Can't respond to anything I haven't received, last PM I had from you was in November.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

Yes, it was on my list of things to do, but this list --including things to do in real life-- is damned long.
I've watched the inp, I agree that all points made when timer shows "00" are to be substracted :
Almighty Dread leechs 205800 pts, from 45800 (when timer=0) to 251600 when he probably stands up and so loses his life, and then goes on.
So his score should be 322380-205800 = 116580

Can you tell me if this glitch is possible with both parent and clones, and still there with more recent versions ?
Shahbaz
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Shahbaz »

Thanks Phil Lamat you took noticed. I checked other clones the glitch leeching is possible. Special rules must be allowed for all parents and clones. The strange thing is, Parent rom is existing after clones!! the previous parent rom was "vigilantb". its mean the scores of Vigilante on TG are in a bootleg version.!

Oh sorry mahlemiut, you did not receive my PM i just checked my sent items there was nothing except November PMs. I dont know what was wrong this time with PM that i have sent you one month ago. But the issue is solved now. Thanks.

*Shahbaz
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

Shahbaz wrote:I checked other clones the glitch leeching is possible.
Ok, special rules edited for both parent & clones
Shahbaz
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Shahbaz »

Phil Lamat wrote:
Shahbaz wrote:I checked other clones the glitch leeching is possible.
Ok, special rules edited for both parent & clones

Hi Phil Lamat, Even you have put the Special Rules for this game and its clones but he is still leeching after Time Over..!!

Pls see here... http://replay.marpirc.net/inp/7/4/7/scl ... olf170.zip

What we need to take action against him..??!!
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

His score has now been adjusted.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Shahbaz
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Shahbaz »

Thanks. Need to put Special Rules for other two remaining clones.
1). vigilanta
2). vigilantb