Problems uploading with Firefox

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

simpsons99
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Problems uploading with Firefox

Post by simpsons99 »

Just tried uploading a score it told me i could not use Firefox .. Worked fine yesterday .. It said I had to use Explorer 4.0 ?
If you have a FB Account I'm Brian Allen
On KLOV and other sites I'm Simpsons99
Arcade Game Scores
DKJR 1,073,800 Level F Kill screen !
DK3 TG MED Skill Level 1,365,000 Level 80?
mahlemiut
Editor

Re: Problems uploading with Firefox

Post by mahlemiut »

Could be that your upload timed out, there is a certain amount of time allowed for an upload to complete, so that the server doesn't get bogged down waiting to incomplete or failed uploads to finish.
There shouldn't be any issues with uploading using any moderately modern browser, be it Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera or IE. It is likely a really old error message, using IE4 would be a very bad idea.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
simpsons99
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by simpsons99 »

mahlemiut wrote:Could be that your upload timed out, there is a certain amount of time allowed for an upload to complete, so that the server doesn't get bogged down waiting to incomplete or failed uploads to finish.
There shouldn't be any issues with uploading using any moderately modern browser, be it Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera or IE. It is likely a really old error message, using IE4 would be a very bad idea.

No it was a very quick message did not even try to submit the score .. Then had to use Explorer to submit the score ..
If you have a FB Account I'm Brian Allen
On KLOV and other sites I'm Simpsons99
Arcade Game Scores
DKJR 1,073,800 Level F Kill screen !
DK3 TG MED Skill Level 1,365,000 Level 80?
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

Barry is probably saying there is a generic (legacy) error message at marp that pops up and tells you to use explorer, when it's likely the error was not because you were using firefox but that the download failed in some mannerism but with no other info about why it failed, so the generic error message assumes the browser was the problem. When likely, if you try to upload with firefox again, it might work.
-skito