E-Swat - Cyber Police (tips)

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

ballas
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

E-Swat - Cyber Police (tips)

Post by ballas »

I got 2471300 today finally finishing the game after 92 attempts. The top score is 19,000 pts more than me. Does anyone have any tips on where these extra pts are? I don't know a lot about the game pts wise. There are only so many enemies to shoot. Is it perhaps the method of killing them that makes the difference?
KVD
Koos van Dyk
Johannesburg
SOUTH AFRICA
ZeroMax
Button Masher
Button Masher

Re: E-Swat - Cyber Police (tips)

Post by ZeroMax »

Not an expert in this game but in one of the stages not sure which one 5-7? there are cyborgs coming from below with elevators and they push carts.
That's one obvious leeching point, you can stay there experiment with 'TIME' and proceed at the right moment to eliminate the boss.
Each cyborg there is 1000 pts i think and they are infinite but when Time reached 0 game ends no matter how many lives you got left.
Not sure that applies for every rom version.

So right strategy could be to save bullets for that spot and once at that stage rush to that place sacrificing some vitality or lives for time sake.
ballas
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by ballas »

ZeroMax wrote:Not an expert in this game but in one of the stages not sure which one 5-7? there are cyborgs coming from below with elevators and they push carts.
That's one obvious leeching point, you can stay there experiment with 'TIME' and proceed at the right moment to eliminate the boss.
Each cyborg there is 1000 pts i think and they are infinite but when Time reached 0 game ends no matter how many lives you got left.
Not sure that applies for every rom version.
So right strategy could be to save bullets for that spot and once at that stage rush to that place sacrificing some vitality or lives for time sake.
Yeah I have exploited those cyborgs ons stage 6. You can stay there until about 9 seconds left on the clock then you have to move on.
KVD
Koos van Dyk
Johannesburg
SOUTH AFRICA
ballas
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by ballas »

Never mind. I see that the highest score on a different romset was made on HARD settings which gives you more enemies to = more points.
KVD
Koos van Dyk
Johannesburg
SOUTH AFRICA
ZeroMax
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by ZeroMax »

Yeah big delay here but i watched your inp and i tested something on my own.

Looks like on stage 6 there is a spot where you can stay and shoot 2 cyborgs.

Maybe with more practice you can add 15-20k to your score?

But again bullets might be the issue not sure u can use kicks and punches on those once you run out? And still needs more testing Iam not sure if stayin on that spot is fast enough as getting towards end of line and just wait for one??
Attachments
mame.PNG
mame.PNG (53.03 KiB) Viewed 4891 times