LEVEL 8?

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

Katsuragi Tarma
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

LEVEL 8?

Post by Katsuragi Tarma »

Greetings to all site users.

well I have a question about about doing a record level 8, I mean that its rules will generally require the competitors to play the games of their games in such conditions;

Number of lives: 3
Play Time: 60 by default
Game Manual: On
Level of Difficulty: 4

specifying it more briefly, I would say if I make a record level is valid or not.

for in a site are conducting an event, and made complaints about this level.

Thanks and hope your comments
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Re: LEVEL 8?

Post by Chad »

There will generally be no complaints about changing the level especially if it makes it more difficult to play than normal settings. The only time when changing the dip switch settings to something other than default is if there are special rules in the game (seen from the Special Rules link next to each recording), or if the level setting makes it easier to score more points with less effort. Which game were you considering uploading scores for at level 8?
-skito
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Re: LEVEL 8?

Post by GHEMANT »

In some games level 8 is a easy way to obtain more points with the same actions / pattern.

Exemple: Metal Slug series (see Slug X in Marp).

B.L.K. replay is 6,706,250 (level 4) and JaraSchyter have 7,386,700 ( level 8 ). The skill are about the same in these 2 replay, so both scores are equivalent. But for a not expert player, the first position (Jara) is much better.

With level 8 in other games rare times the scores are lower. Scores with different level aren't comparable and is difficult understand the best replay for skill, talent or best pattern creation.

I prefer default settings always.