Banning/Suspending members

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

The_Pro
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by The_Pro »

tk2007 wrote:If u accept members insult otrher members and call them trolls, then u r not tolerant...U r a bloody stupid idiot :evil:

Get lost of my sight and never disturb me again, u sore idiot.
I think that was a "please".
tk2007
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by tk2007 »

You are real close to a ban right now. You're just lucky I'm rather tolerant. Probably too tolerant.
I m lucky because some members call me troll and mods agree with them??... Would u feel lucky in my position?

Is this a forum or a jungle? Is there any administrator to enforce order and peace?
In any other forum slanderers would had received their warnings, while here r encouraged to go on... :-& :-s :-s #-o 8O
Plus this is the most racistic forum I ever seen.
EMULATE DECATHLETE NOW!!!
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

tk2007 wrote:
You are real close to a ban right now. You're just lucky I'm rather tolerant. Probably too tolerant.
I m lucky because some members call me troll and mods agree with them??... Would u feel lucky in my position?

Is this a forum or a jungle? Is there any administrator to enforce order and peace?
In any other forum slanderers would had received their warnings, while here r encouraged to go on... :-& :-s :-s #-o 8O
Plus this is the most racistic forum I ever seen.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAME OOOOOOOOOOVERRRRRRRRRRRR!
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

Ok, tk2007 is now banned from the forums.

He may still submit INPs to MARP, but he should keep his comments to himself. Any insulting or accusatory comments from him will see him banned from MARP entirely.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
The_Pro
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by The_Pro »

BBH wrote: GAAAAAAAAAAAAME OOOOOOOOOOVERRRRRRRRRRRR!
LOL, great parting shot. Hmmm, been so active here lately, where will I go for my dose of inane drama? Maybe the classicarcadegaming.org forums :wink: .
Weehawk
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by Weehawk »

John Cunningham (JTC)
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

mahlemiut wrote:Ok, tk2007 is now banned from the forums.

He may still submit INPs to MARP, but he should keep his comments to himself. Any insulting or accusatory comments from him will see him banned from MARP entirely.
O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!
I chortled in my joy
Weehawk
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by Weehawk »

Zhorik wrote:
mahlemiut wrote:Ok, tk2007 is now banned from the forums.

O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!
I chortled in my joy
Barry's vorpal blade went snicker-snack, allright.

My 10th grade English teacher listed all the nonsense words in The Jabberwocky and had us come up with real words to translate them to. I had to break it to her that "chortled" was a real word. (And it's onomatopoeiac, for you word fetishists out there.)

:roll:
John Cunningham (JTC)
BeeJay
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by BeeJay »

Weehawk wrote:My 10th grade English teacher listed all the nonsense words in The Jabberwocky and had us come up with real words to translate them to. I had to break it to her that "chortled" was a real word. (And it's onomatopoeiac, for you word fetishists out there.)
I can't believe an English teacher had not heard of 'chortled' before?!?

..... and I presume you meant onomatopoeic :wink:

Thought for the day: Why is monosyllabic not... :)
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

mahlemiut wrote:He may still submit INPs to MARP, but he should keep his comments to himself. Any insulting or accusatory comments from him will see him banned from MARP entirely.
Hmm...
Weehawk
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by Weehawk »

Zhorik wrote:
mahlemiut wrote:He may still submit INPs to MARP, but he should keep his comments to himself. Any insulting or accusatory comments from him will see him banned from MARP entirely.
Hmm...
ImageImageImage
John Cunningham (JTC)
Weehawk
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by Weehawk »

Mr. Soon-to-be-first-MARP-member-ever-banned wrote:STOP DELETE MY POSTS, U IDIOT. Delete Innuendo's insulting posts at once! He called me clown, idiot, stupid etc.U know that I cant answer in the forums because u've banned me without reason. U insist support that silly boy. I cannot stay silent and humiliated. I was about to make first scores in mslugx & mslug3 but now I won't if u treat me like this. I never disturbed any1 but some people r full of jealousy. U deleted my posts even here! U didnt delete insulting posts about me, this is unfair. How do u expect keep some1 here if u dont respect him? Some1 called me again "troll" even after so many hiscores. U shouldn't support such people, they r not players, they r slanderers. Just tell me this: R u going to keep those insulting posts in the forum? Is it your last word? I need to know this.
John Cunningham (JTC)
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

Rather amusing stuff, really.

For tk's defence:

If this all started by him saying that someone is slow and he is the best/king/master of the universe/whatever, I find that as a minor offence at best.
After that he was being somewhat provoked by an outsider. Exchange should have stayed between Pat and tk only.

There was this one guy who used to say worse things, even adding some racial superiority angle in the mix. A quite good player actually, whose rhetoric for belittling achievements of other's was often calling his own recordings poor, sample etc...not mentioning the direct insults he used to throw at MARP top players during heated discussions. He didn't get banned even in the forums, for some unexplainable reason. I guess he's somewhat reduced playing now and perhaps grown a little as a person.

Oh, and in my personal opinion, nothing wrong with *little* competitive trash-talk...
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

Yeah, this is being blown out of proportion. tk really appears to be a menace, but you have to give someone liberty after working what appears to be very hard to reach a score that gets beaten in a few hours, this can a real downer. But, he has to know he's got a target on his back, well he knows now.

Eventually we all learn to just forget it and keep improving... but for the over confident, it's not easy to learn.

Oh i think there was more to the slow comment, but not much more. Still well with in the grounds of complaining that a hard earned 1rst place only lasts a short time. But, tk has a history that we tend to remember, so it's easy to be angry at him for his belittle-ing in innuendos defence.
-skito
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

I just think somehow have to limit what he can put in a description.

maybe just a couple weeks of the editors editing all of his descriptions that are not appropriate and after so many he will just stop with that style of description as given above.