It's about the high score of Metal Slug 3

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

How is asking you what country you're from a racist comment? Maybe AFTER you tell me what country it is, THEN I can make a racist comment.
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

tk2007 wrote: I insulted people? Are u crazy?
-I m x player too, with great experience so I cant hear b*ll s**t :wink:

:wink: :lol: :D :roll:

man, but you are still writing now.... you must play with slug 3 and perform your world record of 9 millions, is important

after this, I can speak with my japanese friend about your great and unbeatable score, ok?

after your performance (with mame replay of course) I delete slug 3 japanese score from my database (http://www.aiva.emuita.it/gamest.php?pag=M) and I insert your score!!!!

it's right? well?
The_Pro
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by The_Pro »

GHEMANT, your list of videos is beautiful and makes me salivate. I didn't know there were such treasures on win mx, I'll join immediately :). My collection pales in comparison.

Also, if you were serious about selling the mslug3 DVD, I'd be interested.
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

The_Pro wrote:GHEMANT, your list of videos is beautiful and makes me salivate. I didn't know there were such treasures on win mx, I'll join immediately :). My collection pales in comparison.

Also, if you were serious about selling the mslug3 DVD, I'd be interested.
hi hi :D

I have write a small guide (small? hi hi tons of pages) about the super play video and system to search them, but is all in italian :cry:

however I'm on win mx from 2002..

and yes, I sell serious my original dvd for slug 3+little book written by hamu hamu, because is expensive and every year I buy original super play for about 250 $ :(

I must recover at least something
tk2007
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by tk2007 »

Ghemant, who confirmed this list? Your aunt?

This site (marp.retrogames.com) is reliable because has the inp files and every1 can check them.
What does your list has?... :roll:

If u have any video that shows metal 2 with more than 5 millions or metal 3 with more than 9 millions just upload it in RaspidShare. If its true then u ll be my new God [-o< [-o<

But until then... :-$
Last edited by tk2007 on Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The_Pro
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by The_Pro »

Sent PM in regards to DVD.
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

tk2007 wrote:Ghemant, who confirmed this list? Your aunt?
ImageImageImage
tk2007 wrote:If u have any video that shows metal 2 ith more than 5 millions or metal 3 with more than 9 millions just upload it in RaspidShare. If its true then u ll be my new God [-o< [-o<
perform 9 millions and then (maybe) I can make a miracle.

destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

tk2007 wrote:
Chad wrote:why do you want to see first place when you've already seen 2nd place and it's only 200k less.

if you still need to you can use this 32 version to wrap around the tgmame as Des suggested. Just run the exe whch will extract the tgmame files that run this version of mame.

here's the proofs you need anyway
Its not about 200k, the one inp is 5MB and the other is 35MB.
We already discussed with BBH that images are not proofs.
Can u give me a link to download the 32 mode of that mame version?
No 32 mode that MAME version. You must use frontend or learn how to use MAME from command line.
BeeJay
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by BeeJay »

tk2007 wrote:Its not about 200k, the one inp is 5MB and the other is 35MB.
BBH has already politely answered this question for you. Mame records far more information into the INP files in later releases than it used to in earlier releases. If you were to look at some of the really old recordings for games that were emulated back in Mame 0.30, you'll find recordings of those games with similar scores to current Mame version recordings are even smaller again. Wolfmame also adds additional information to the recordings as well, to store information such as the recording speed etc, which again adds to the final size of the file.
tk2007 wrote:We already discussed with BBH that images are not proofs.
Again, Chad was just politely showing you more of the final screens from when he played back the recording. The recording is not his, so what possible benefit would he have from photo-shopping the screen snaps he took any more than BBH would from doing the same thing. You're talking about two of the Editors from Marp and suggesting that they could deliberately use a paint programme to falsify a score for a recording on a site they have been helping to maintain for many years. Why on earth would they want to do something like that?
tk2007 wrote:Can u give me a link to download the 32 mode of that mame version?
You've already been told numerous times to download a front-end if you can't handle using the CLI version of Mame. Here's a dummies guide to using the CLI version to playback a recording. I'm assuming that you have Mame installed into c:\games\mame on your computer. If you have it in a different directory, just adjust the steps below as appropriate for your directory. Think of the \ character as being like the folders in your GUI Windows Explorer:

1. Click the Start Button and then select the Run option on the start menu (or hold down the Windows key on your keyboard and press the R key on your keyboard)

2. On the resulting run dialog type cmd into the Open field and press enter to start the Windows CLI command dialog.

3. You'll now have the Windows CLI command dialog open. Type the following into the command window and then press enter to change to your Mame folder. (cd is the command to Change Directory)

Code: Select all

cd \games\mame
4. Now you can run the tgmame67 and request it to playback the recording. I'm presuming here that you have renamed the executable to tgmame67.exe after extracting it from the zipfile. If you have it named something else then just adjust that as appropriate in the following command line. I'm also presuming that you have the inp file named mslug3.inp and that it is in the correct \inp folder for your mame installation:

tgmame67 mslug3 -playback mslug3
As you can see, it really is quite simple to run the CLI version of MAME. The converse, to do a recording, is also quite simple as per the following - this time using WolfMame v0.117 where the executable has been renamed to wolfmame117.exe:

wolfmame117 mslug3 -record mslug3
Even better, use the record.bat file that is provided in the WolfMame archive to make sure that cfg, hi, nvram, diff etc files do not get in the way of successful playback of your recordings, then your command line would be the following:

record mslug3 mslug3
... and as alluded to by others, if you have a bad game when you quit out of Mame and you're back at the CLI dialog, you can press the up arrow on your keyboard to get back your most recent command and then press enter to start another recording. This is way quicker than you can do with a GUI version!!! :)

If you really don't like using the CLI, you can setup a shortcut with the following as the shortcut target details. You can then change the shortcut when you want to record a different game..... or setup multiple shortcuts for the games you want to frequently record. The target for your shortcut would be as follows, again adjust this as appropriate for your Mame install folder name and the name of the game you want to record:

c:\games\mame\record.bat mslug3 mslug3

Cheers,
BeeJay.
tk2007
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by tk2007 »

BBH has already politely answered......Again, Chad was just politely....You've already been told numerous times to.......
Its not necessary to repeat what other people told in the past.
I m who asked numerous times how can I work a non 32 version and this is the very first time that I get answer (plus a pm I just received from Chad).

I cannot understand what I have to write in the black Run's box.
If I write cd \games\mame I have nothing
:?:
EMULATE DECATHLETE NOW!!!
The_Pro
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by The_Pro »

Driving down the information superhighway with the emergency break on.
BeeJay
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by BeeJay »

tk2007 wrote:
BBH has already politely answered......Again, Chad was just politely....You've already been told numerous times to.......
Then stop saying the same thing. I was specifically responding to your 2nd statement about the file size being so much smaller with some additional detailed information for your benefit and replying to your comment to Chad about screen dumps. If you don't want people to repeat stuff don't keep saying the same things yourself.... and just a polite hint to you to not shoot the messenger all the time or you'll soon find nobody wants to take any notice of your posts!!!

tk2007 wrote:I m who asked numerous times how can I work a non 32 version and this is the very first time that I get answer (plus a pm I just received from Chad).

I cannot understand what I have to write in the black Run's box.
If I write cd \games\mame I have nothing
:?:
As I said, this is assuming you installed your copy of Mame into c:\games\mame folder, then after you enter that command and press enter, you should find your command prompt is now indicating you are in that directory. eg: For my machine, when the command window first opens it is displaying the following as the current directory:

C:\Documents and Settings\Brian>_

After using the command above, it shows that it is now in my Mame directory, which itself is in my Games directory:

C:\Games\Mame>_

That is all that is expected to happen from that step as all you've done is asked to change directories. Obviously if you don't have mame in c:\games\mame then this and the subsequent steps I put into my posting will not work...

Cheers,
BeeJay.
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

tk2007 wrote:
It's necessary to repeat these things WHEN YOU JUST WON'T LISTEN TO WHAT WE'RE SAYING.

You still swear up and down that Jinx's Metal Slug 3 recording is a fake when you haven't actually watched it. You say it's a fake simply because of the filesize. BeeJay repeated what I said because you seemed to completely gloss over that part of my post, as it's still your only means of saying Jinx's recording is fake.

Then you act as if Chad and I are doctoring the screenshots that we took of his .inp. Why? Do you honestly believe that Chad and I, who have been editors on this site for many years, would do that just for the sake of allowing a score you claim to be "fake"?
Its not in my character to insult people or act like that ghermant boy who doesnt even respect himself
Hey guess what, you've been insulting people ever since you got here and haven't shown any respect to anyone on this board. If you want to earn respect from others, maybe you should show a little respect yourself.

Weehawk wrote:
BBH wrote:...GHEMANT...doesn't insult everyone who doesn't believe him...
Actually, I think he does.

He probably hasn't seen this thread yet. Wait for it...
Yeah, perhaps I was a bit too premature in saying that.

I'd say his posts are completely justified though.
tk2007
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by tk2007 »

Hey! I never sweared about Jinx's score.
I didnt say that u doctoring images, just that images are not proof and u agreed.

The fact is that I made a terrible mistake. I thank Chad and BeeJay for their instructions, I saw that file and its ok. Its just because I didnt know how the playback system works, I have no experience in this. I feel sorry because I was in rush to call this file fake, I acted unexptectedly and dont know why maybe because I received a pressure to bring a similar score.
Hey guess what, you've been insulting people ever since you got here and haven't shown any respect to anyone on this board
I never did that. I respect all on this board. What make u think I dont?
I'd say his posts(ghemant) are completely justified though
U shouldnt support some1 who just say crazy things and scores without proofs.
He called me troll but u believe hes "completely justified though" :?
EMULATE DECATHLETE NOW!!!
MJS
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by MJS »

Hey tk2007, can I ask you something?
What did you join marp for???
Because so far I would say you only want to bring trouble and waste other people's time... too many posts and all pretty much worthless man. Sorry if it sounds rude, but it is how I see it.

Now here's an idea: invest your time in playing instead of posting... please! :D