Shinobi - tips, tricks, faq

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

ZeroMax
Button Masher
Button Masher

Re: Shinobi - tips, tricks, faq

Post by ZeroMax »

Here small clip i made and software i used is carbage....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohmZnPnWgdM

Ok it's obviously no good in proper run but you can copy the pattern to get on the right side of Lobster.
Just remember to hold the lever UP on initial charge and then time the jump over him.
Going on the right side of Lobster works every time should you jump at the right moment which is easy, cos you can use the painting in background for marker.
Then if you don't want to use magic to make him drop below, you have to work on your shuriken shot timing.

Clip has no sound and alot of frames have been dropped and it looks like i used alot of save states to do it.
But truth is just 1 save state is used to load the battle.

Good Luck.
ben.shinobi
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by ben.shinobi »

RAX
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by RAX »

=D> Great achievement!
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

Congratulation for this incredible WR. After these discovers I can say: Shinobi is one of the best games for scoring. With Golden Axe also, system 16 rules :wink:
shinobiXboX360
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by shinobiXboX360 »

=D> well done, Ben. You find pattern to complete all boss. Congratulations.
ben.shinobi
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by ben.shinobi »

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x12fc0 ... videogames

Another variation of Lobster special bonus bug. To get on the right side of the boss, I use same technique than ZeroMax (you've found a good pattern man =D> , maybe sino use same technique ???). To fall down Lobster on the right side of the room, I must wait that he stops and then, I shoot him when he start to walk again with me. After this, he moves back and walk again to me. On this pattern, is important to get down and to the right. With good timing, Lobster go through Musashi 100% safe. After this, you must count shurikens for 256 throw bug.
I would love to get a safer pattern (without hitting lobster) but I dont know if it's possible.
ZeroMax
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by ZeroMax »

ben.shinobi wrote:http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x12fc0 ... videogames

Another variation of Lobster special bonus bug. To get on the right side of the boss, I use same technique than ZeroMax (you've found a good pattern man =D> , maybe sino use same technique ???). To fall down Lobster on the right side of the room, I must wait that he stops and then, I shoot him when he start to walk again with me. After this, he moves back and walk again to me. On this pattern, is important to get down and to the right. With good timing, Lobster go through Musashi 100% safe. After this, you must count shurikens for 256 throw bug.
I would love to get a safer pattern (without hitting lobster) but I dont know if it's possible.
Niiice :) i see you used my pattern to get on the right side without going to left first.
Well maybe its slightly faster 2-3 secs than going to left first then to right, but use the pattern which you find more safe.
Well wish you best of luck maybe you will find better patterns 1 day and improve to 870k++ score.
I remember now from local arcade maybe it was a glitch on the last boss but the player was screaming - OMG Boss got stuck and kept giving me points somehow.
I didn't witness it with my eyes cos i was short at that time and big ppl were surrounding him neither remember the score cos i wasnt interested at that time in scores...
But maybe you can play more with last boss try finishing him at different places of the screen see if you can get him stuck on the walls once it dies and the body flies off.
Try without magic first then with magic i think every1 used magic on second form cos it was hard to dodge boomerangs. Use save states and i bet the version was a bootleg or some sort of hack but possibility still exists you never know what you can find.
dan
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by dan »

ben.shinobi wrote:http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x12fc0 ... videogames

Yes,SINO is using its pattern probably.
He has failed at 5-1 When he got 861,230 in November of last year.
Issue a score within a limited amount of time in limited places (the video arcade), it is very difficult.

And, you are great. =D>
That video is MAME replay? Do you not post the replay file?
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

After 6 hours of hard work.....

fixed.

TRB_MetroidTeam
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by TRB_MetroidTeam »