France vs. Italy Challenge - Rules and Leaderboard

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

sawys
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by sawys »

30/03/2006 - 23:59 gmt
France... 168
Italy...... 155

leclaqueurfou reached 6m45 at neodrift
marco marocco beats sawys for the 2nd place at kikcubic
leclaqueurfou increases his score at elevator
Sawys is Sébastien GIRAUD, admin of MAMESCORE, member of MARP, TWIN GALAXIES, RETRO UPRISING and ex-member of JVRM :-D
DaviL
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by DaviL »

>- The length of the contest will be from 00:00 GMT on the 1st february 2006
until 00:00 GMT on the 1st april 2006.

London time right ?
sawys
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by sawys »

DaviL wrote:>- The length of the contest will be from 00:00 GMT on the 1st february 2006
until 00:00 GMT on the 1st april 2006.

London time right ?
Hi !
To know the exact time, watch at the marp server. It won't be allowed if submission comes after 00:00 gmt (server hour).
Sawys is Sébastien GIRAUD, admin of MAMESCORE, member of MARP, TWIN GALAXIES, RETRO UPRISING and ex-member of JVRM :-D
Marco Marocco
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by Marco Marocco »

It was very hard.
Good level of competition, I think.
sawys
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by sawys »

Hi

You showed a new tactic at wardner but i totally disagree with.

I explain. At the beginning of the challenge we discuss to fix the marp rule for the problem of the rock monsters.

The knowing of this game and the past inps showed that the leech was possible only on stage 2 and 5. That's why marpers fix the rules like that :

You can leech at stages 2 and 5, but you MUST finish that stage using same man you were leeching with.
(Or try to finish the stage with enough time to do it)

Finally you found the way to reproduce this technic at stage 4 without loosing the fairy.
So you loose your life, you can take another fairies, time (4m), cape and clock. So when you loose you have enough time to go at the end of the stage increasing again your score (more than your life cost at the end of the game).

Even if your replays respect the actual marp rules, i don't agree with your methods.
sawys
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by sawys »

Temporarily results

01/04/2006 - 00:00 gmt
France... 157
Italy...... 167

Every game must be validated to fix the definitive results.

Wardner will be the hardest to validate...
Marco Marocco
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by Marco Marocco »

Well, I think Marp's rules are respected in the last replays.
The judges have to decide.
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

actual marp rules talks about stage 2 and 5. I did it in stage 4, so i didn't violate any rule.

If someone whants to recreate the rules, these must be done considering that must be avoided only techinques to obtain unlimited score. Now i'll explain once and for all that leeching is not valid only if it can be done infinitely, but if there's a tollerated limit, like any other game different from wardner, it is absolutely fair to be made.

At stage 4 it's possible to make unlimited pts against one only enemy, it's the stone giant that is worth 3000 pts avery time is killed. but i have accurately avoided to do it.

I've recovered all bonus and have lost a life for timeout, that i've complited the stage.

I will continue using ths method, absolutelì corret since 5 million scores, then if in another moment marp won't accept anymore this way of playing i'll sendo my scores on other sites, since that my next record will include all my patterns.
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

let me explain my thoughts about this contest. I was thinking only about having some fun, but this appened only in the first 2 weeks. We made the mistake to organize a tournament where it's obligatory to send replays during the contest. In this way it's not been a test of ability of every single player, but a simple contest of who will copy better the other on at least half the games.

Personally i've stopped playng the 15th of march, when i'v seen after JYD on Wardner, and redstar that copied all my techinques. Now, the ability of a player it's not only in knowing how to manage some pattern, but above all it's the ability to find other techinques that makes the difference. Whin i saw all my efforts copied i've pratically given up, because i lost the interest to continue. I've lost a month to find the best strategies at Wardner, copied by JYD in a day. I've lost 7 hours and 15 minuts to find a techique at stage 6 boss never seen in any other place to obtain S and it's been copied immediately. However there's no rule against this behavior, but in fact i don't accuse franch players for this. But this system doesn't interest me and if i knew it before (and silly i havent even imagined) i won't have joined this initiative since the beginning.

Surely i don't have much less time to train and showing the others my secrets put me in conditions to be obviusly beaten for the lack of time to reach the best result with my hard discovered secrets. From me i won't join anymore competition lik this.

But if you want a return match i'm sure that other italian players will be decided to please you.
DaviL
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by DaviL »

The stage 4 secret is a my idea.
There is no lecching in any point.
Lost 1 life to take all treasure.
I told my team that if they post before the end of the contest, I'll left forever.
I dont care who win and who lose: Charlie ninja, top hunter, wardner, pulstar, all your inps at these games are perfect copy of our.
people like jyd must be ashamed for himself.
His inps at wardner and charlie ninja are PERFECT COPY OF OUR inps. NOTHING DIFFERENT!!!!!
And you sawys, your copy of newabo charlie ninja is also patetic.
I lost all my respect for your team. Next time better challenge japan, we'll lose 200-100 but at least can play onestly and can learn something.
I don't wanna know nothing else about this stupid tournament.

this is my point of view, not my team
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

Marco Marocco
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by Marco Marocco »

No one from JVRM to congratulate with us :lol: :lol: :lol: ?
xanadu71
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by xanadu71 »

Congratulations to AIVAs' players. It was tough and strategic competition.

But i already knew before the start of the competition that this would finished like that (with a grouped posting on a game). I had said it to Sawys but it is not serious IT'S ONLY A FRIENDLY COMPETITION (isn't it Davil, Gemant and Sawys ?).
I only regret the "spirit" of certain methods :
His inps at wardner and charlie ninja are PERFECT COPY OF OUR inps. NOTHING DIFFERENT!!!!!
All inps in Marp are copies of methods, tricks, tips, cheats found by players and others try to reproduce. You don't have an exclusivness in a method of play.
I lost all my respect for your team. Next time better challenge japan, we'll lose 200-100 but at least can play onestly and can learn something.
We aren't a team of players but a team of friends who wants have fun with games of childhood. It's not us that contact the others to make a tournament.

We loose and that's life and there are more important things in life.

LCF
"Bury me with my money", Simon GREEDWELL from "SUNSET RIDERS" / Xanadu71=LeClaqueurFou
http://www.twitch.tv/xanadugcp WR attempts, follow me !
sawys
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by sawys »

xanadu71 wrote:Congratulations to AIVAs' players. It was tough and strategic competition.

But i already knew before the start of the competition that this would finished like that (with a grouped posting on a game). I had said it to Sawys but it is not serious IT'S ONLY A FRIENDLY COMPETITION (isn't it Davil, Gemant and Sawys ?).
I only regret the "spirit" of certain methods :
All inps in Marp are copies of methods, tricks, tips, cheats found by players and others try to reproduce. You don't have an exclusivness in a method of play.
We aren't a team of players but a team of friends who wants have fun with games of childhood. It's not us that contact the others to make a tournament.

We loose and that's life and there are more important things in life.

LCF
I totally agree and congrats for Italian players
sawys
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by sawys »

GHEMANT wrote:let me explain my thoughts about this contest. I was thinking only about having some fun, but this appened only in the first 2 weeks. We made the mistake to organize a tournament where it's obligatory to send replays during the contest. In this way it's not been a test of ability of every single player, but a simple contest of who will copy better the other on at least half the games.

Personally i've stopped playng the 15th of march, when i'v seen after JYD on Wardner, and redstar that copied all my techinques. Now, the ability of a player it's not only in knowing how to manage some pattern, but above all it's the ability to find other techinques that makes the difference. Whin i saw all my efforts copied i've pratically given up, because i lost the interest to continue. I've lost a month to find the best strategies at Wardner, copied by JYD in a day. I've lost 7 hours and 15 minuts to find a techique at stage 6 boss never seen in any other place to obtain S and it's been copied immediately. However there's no rule against this behavior, but in fact i don't accuse franch players for this. But this system doesn't interest me and if i knew it before (and silly i havent even imagined) i won't have joined this initiative since the beginning.

Surely i don't have much less time to train and showing the others my secrets put me in conditions to be obviusly beaten for the lack of time to reach the best result with my hard discovered secrets. From me i won't join anymore competition lik this.

But if you want a return match i'm sure that other italian players will be decided to please you.
I totally disagree with you.

I was too thinking that this contest could be friendly but when i saw your first replays (using techniques of leeching even if this is not ) charlie ninja, wardner...

I began to change my mind.

I remember you that almost each technique is described on your aiva's site so this is easy to read and try to do it.
Normally we never play like this because our contests are truly friendly. But do you really know what this word want t say ?
I'm sorry but when i read all you can say on aiva's forum i totally disgusted with you ideas...

I won't never participate again in a contest like this.