France vs. Italy Challenge - Rules and Leaderboard

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

sawys
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by sawys »

Marco Marocco wrote:No one from JVRM to congratulate with us :lol: :lol: :lol: ?
Congratulations to Sampras and Marco for their sportivity.
I appreciate to fight with you only...
Sawys is Sébastien GIRAUD, admin of MAMESCORE, member of MARP, TWIN GALAXIES, RETRO UPRISING and ex-member of JVRM :-D
sawys
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by sawys »

DaviL wrote:And you sawys, your copy of newabo charlie ninja is also patetic.
I lost all my respect for your team.
this is my point of view, not my team
Sorry but i used the same technique before newabo but i totally missed it before and when newabo makes it then i played again and congrats to me.

And don't think that you are the only one who can find something in playing games... I've already used your technique at 1st stage adding mine but i never show it entirely :twisted:
Sawys is Sébastien GIRAUD, admin of MAMESCORE, member of MARP, TWIN GALAXIES, RETRO UPRISING and ex-member of JVRM :-D
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

I can grant u i feel really bad winning the tournament sending replay last minute, but i have do this because the level was going too high ... really a high level of copying imps....

LCF tells the truth if there was no contest. Is normal to play copying the best strategies and other people pre-made replays. But this is not a good idea in our tournament.

We have choose replays with not too good replay on marp, to let people play like their personal knowledge, giving more value to people who found NEW personal secret techniques. However, showing the new discovered technique of a game to people have killed the strategy of the game itself

Is possible nobody thinked that sending replay DURING the conest will make the full contest only a COPY-RACE ? we lost a lot, everybody, playing so...

me too i understand this too late...
sawys
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by sawys »

GHEMANT wrote:I can grant u i feel really bad winning the tournament sending replay last minute, but i have do this because the level was going too high ... really a high level of copying imps....

Is possible nobody thinked that sending replay DURING the conest will make the full contest only a COPY-RACE ? we lost a lot, everybody, playing so...

me too i understand this too late...
Ok, i don't feel bad in loosing like this because i know i do my best but i'm really angry about all that you write.

The facts are here and there is no reason to shout jyd, redstar or me.

Fo me, the only game good for this contest was the driving game that's why my proposition was with 3 racing games. And you can notice that i copy the technique of the stage 3 of sampras but not the stage 5 which is made with my own technique even if lcf told me to change my direction.

I wondering if this is good to let my replays in marp site ...
sawys
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by sawys »

sawys wrote:Temporarily results

01/04/2006 - 00:00 gmt
France... 157
Italy...... 167

Every game must be validated to fix the definitive results.

Wardner will be the hardest to validate...
I updated my personnal page with this results
sawys
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by sawys »

DaviL wrote:I dont care who win and who lose: Charlie ninja, top hunter, wardner, pulstar, all your inps at these games are perfect copy of our.
Sorry but in top hunter if i wanted to take the good way so i would have chosen gemant's way and this is not the case.
I used the way i prefered to reach the end...

And why don't talk about :
gyruss. Finally maybe that you can consider that i copy marco... I really used my skill to learn all the patterns even if i validate some of them.

elevator. i used all the techniques in marp.. But i found them alone without watching the inps. I watched them in the very last days and understood that they went at the same point than me.

arkanoid. the fighting and all the game is a leech finally

kikcubic. Wow this is a great game but this is no good that i found the way to have the 2nd 100k bonus yesterday when i was too tired to play at 22:00 GMT...
And this game well playing is finally always copy and copy...

19xx. Everyone could have copy japanese technique on aiva's site if only we had time to do it.

neodrift. i've already talk about it ^^
dan
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by dan »

Congratulations on the A.I.V.A team.
And thank you very much in a severe fight, JVRM team.
However, it is a little regrettable that an end is not amiable.

But,
I can understand both complaints well. :?
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

final word.

The fact is that even if the contest should take place friendly it doesn't mean that it involves a ethic like the one you just wanted to intend, Sawys. Perhaps you don't use leeching, for me is at the base of each game.

On aiva are only described tricks, not techiques. So even reading them, it won't be sufficient to result first.

I don't say anything about games like gyruss, arkanoid, neo drift, elevator... there's nothing to copy on those titles. But you keep missing the point. If i spend 10 hours searching for a techique, then you copy it in half an hour... where's the usefullness of a tournament like this? Will you please tell me?

It's futile talking about fair play... it's like if in a fight one of the athletes show his secret moves before the match.

The Wardner technique it's been discovered in march. Keeping hided till the end made us win. Or more simply, we haven't permitted JYD of copying it.
sawys
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by sawys »

GHEMANT wrote: I don't say anything about games like gyruss, arkanoid, neo drift, elevator... there's nothing to copy on those titles. But you keep missing the point. If i spend 10 hours searching for a techique, then you copy it in half an hour... where's the usefullness of a tournament like this? Will you please tell me?

The Wardner technique it's been discovered in march. Keeping hided till the end made us win. Or more simply, we haven't permitted JYD of copying it.
I understand your point of view but i'm angry with you gemant because you talked about us as bad players (forum aiva) and you were so sure to win.
But when you finally understood that playing normally (at marp and for this contest) will lead you to the loosing then you decided to wait the good moment to fight.
More, i think that you are really pretentious. You treated french people as cowards in games.
And finally you only found the way you used to beat us.
Rules were established in a few days and you respected them but hiding this trick is like if you plant a knife in the back.

For the wardner's technique, i didn't know this game before but i was sure that there were something about this trick. You permitted me to discover it and i thank you for that.

In top hunter, i never imagined that it could have bag of moneys hidden in this game, but this trick is really hard to realize. I train my self but always missed the trick recording my games :(

Sincerely, when you played at arcade in real life, don't you ever watch another player and used his technique if you found it good ?
Using replays permit to experience this feeling and only the bests can reproduce the technique done.
But for you a copy cat is a bad boy. Really i misunderstand you.
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

GHEMANT wrote:If i spend 10 hours searching for a techique, then you copy it in half an hour... where's the usefullness of a tournament like this?
Hehe, I remember myself when I hide scores in tournaments :D
Bonus points in tournaments are good solution here.
zlk
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by zlk »

Perhaps we can see Italy vs Poland next? Or maybe Poland vs Japan with the winner playing Italy......
sampras73
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by sampras73 »

sawys wrote:
Marco Marocco wrote:No one from JVRM to congratulate with us :lol: :lol: :lol: ?
I hope the competition on Neo Drift Out don't finish now.

Thank you
Marco Marocco
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by Marco Marocco »

sampras73 wrote:
sawys wrote:
I hope the competition on Neo Drift Out don't finish now.

Thank you
Congratulations to JYD, SAW, Sampras and LCF for Neo Drift's scores :D .
Really good from us to have revolutioned Marp's scoreboard in this game.
Last ten days I've played hard in Kikcle, but I'll return in Neo Drift next months.
I've never played Neo D. before this contest so I'm happy of my 5th place ... :wink:
xanadu71
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by xanadu71 »

Congratulations to JYD, SAW, Sampras and LCF for Neo Drift's scores Very Happy .
Really good from us to have revolutioned Marp's scoreboard in this game.
Last ten days I've played hard in Kikcle, but I'll return in Neo Drift next months.
I've never played Neo D. before this contest so I'm happy of my 5th place ... Wink
I always looked at your time like a target to try to beat you. And it wasn't an easy task, your times on practice, stage 1, 2, 4, 6 was very good and i've never reach them but i beat you only with my time on stage 5 (ice stage) where i make 1"50 less than you. If you make a good time on stage 5 (and it's not impossible) you can reach 6'43. And it will be at your honor.

LCF
"Bury me with my money", Simon GREEDWELL from "SUNSET RIDERS" / Xanadu71=LeClaqueurFou
http://www.twitch.tv/xanadugcp WR attempts, follow me !
Marco Marocco
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by Marco Marocco »

Only two words more to say what I think.
Gemant and Davil are very proud players and study very much and good the games in which they play.
So for them what frustrating that your inps sometimes were made with tecnichs that they have discovered before you and your inps - plus - have been higher :lol: (C. Ninja, 19XX, Pulstar).
I think you have made your honest job like Gemant, Davil and ABO have made their honest job to send inps with new tecnich at the end.
To tell the truth also for me was frustrating your fast answer to my inps (I think especially about Neo D. and Kikle - nice fight with Saw and great score from JYD -) and sometimes I was nervous for this.
But, I repeat, everything was in the respect of rules.
I hope to see you soon in other contests and to see you next year for France vs Italy challenge N. 2 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D