WCC week 4 : LEGEND OF SUCCEESS JOE (legendos)

Week Challenge Championship board

Moderator: NotMan

Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

WCC week 4 : LEGEND OF SUCCEESS JOE (legendos)

Post by Phil Lamat »

Week 3 is over, and for the 3rd time Marp hiscore has been improved, this time by Tommi with an impressive "almost 1 million"

For week 4 I've choosen a fight game ; the 10th score of default TopTen of the game is 101100, but Marp hiscore is (only?) under 100000 ... so will someone manage to enter his initials on it ??

Good luck to all
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

Legend of Success Joe.........? 8O :evil:

This IS a joke, right? Right? Please tell me this is a joke. What's the real game you picked for Week 4?
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

Oh, dear lord. You played it first, right? Right???
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

Here are few good tips for future games: Stargate, Joust, Tempest, Black Widow, Klax...all level playground with current participants (since Cubeman and JG are not in competition).
Or any classic game with whopping scores, doesn't matter.

Last game was good though.
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

What do you mean, guys. THIS GAME IS AWESOME!!!!!!! :roll: :roll: :wink: :wink:
Kale
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Kale »

The TJT wrote:Here are few good tips for future games: Stargate, Joust, Tempest, Black Widow, Klax...all level playground with current participants (since Cubeman and JG are not in competition).
Or any classic game with whopping scores, doesn't matter.

Last game was good though.
I just think that any game is better than Ashita no Joe,even Venture,Hard Head or Riding Hero...
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

Uuuuuh ... it looks like my choice doesn't occure a lot of enthousiasm ; sorry guys : I just wanna get various type of games in WCC, and I was just searching for a fight game, but I'm so bad at fighters that I can't even make the difference between a good and a bad fighter 8)

I hope next choice will be sweeter to you (it should be, but the only thing I'm really sure of is that it's quite impossible to get a game which satisfy all people, as previous tourneys already showed it)
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

Phil Lamat wrote:Uuuuuh ... it looks like my choice doesn't occure a lot of enthousiasm ; sorry guys : I just wanna get various type of games in WCC, and I was just searching for a fight game, but I'm so bad at fighters that I can't even make the difference between a good and a bad fighter 8)
Seriously Phil. How on Earth could you pick what's considered by many to be the worst Neo-Geo game ever? Hell, Puzzled wasn't that great a game either, so that's two crap Neo-Geo games. If you check the front page of Retrogames, you'll see Atila making a crack about LOSJ in the June 3rd update. If you wanted to pick a good fighting game you could have picked... well, pretty much anything. What on Earth possessed you to think that LOSJ would be a good game for tourney competition?

Here's a good review of the game:

http://www.neo-geo.com/reviews/legendjoe/legend.htm
roncli
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by roncli »

Note to Phil. Never use a game that's been mentioned in a marp comic. :)
-roncli
[Poor sig. :P --SarcasmCli]
tmorrow
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by tmorrow »

You call that a 'good' review, I'd hate to see your idea of a bad review for this game. The guy compared the experience of playing this game with 'getting the plague or syphilus'! I've never seen a game given such a bad review.
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

tmorrow wrote:You call that a 'good' review, I'd hate to see your idea of a bad review for this game. The guy compared the experience of playing this game with 'getting the plague or syphilus'! I've never seen a game given such a bad review.
if you've played the game, then you'll understand just how true it is :D
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

It's okay, it's an......easy.....mistake............Phil. ;) We can live with it, right? :)
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

I still think Xenophobe is the most appalling and off-putting Marp tournament game of all time! :twisted:
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

The TJT wrote:I still think Xenophobe is the most appalling and off-putting Marp tournament game of all time! :twisted:
Hell no. Let's not forget The Pit.

[21:03] <BBH> %mame shit
[21:03] <LazyBitch> MAME Game Search: shit -> Legend of Success Joe / Ashitano Joe Densetsu [legendos]
That says it all.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

As we say in french :
"ne tirez plus sur l'ambulance" :)