WCC week 10 : MARVINS

Week Challenge Championship board

Moderator: NotMan

Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

WCC week 10 : MARVINS

Post by Phil Lamat »

Hi all ....
I know it's a little early to give you last game of WCC, but I'm leaving to Paris for 5 days and will be back only next wednesday.

Of course, you can keep uploading for blasted until tonight 23:59gmt ; I will do the ranking updates when I'll be back

And exceptionnally you will have a little time to train before last round
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

MEGA CATASTROPHE !!! Next prehistoric game :(
wuzel
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by wuzel »

destructor wrote:MEGA CATASTROPHE !!! Next prehistoric game :(
an tournament (even 3T) winner is not allowed 2 talk like that :)
it could be a ql game and i predict that u will be first again :)
It's good 2 be here with U guys :)
Dax
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by Dax »

So I play this game for the first time expecting it to be some lame game about dinosaurs or something based on destrusctor's description. Come to find out its an awesome old school game made in 1983(Thank you, Phil). When destructor said it was prehistoric I thought he was describing the game, rather than voicing his displeasure at playing an early age game. Come on des, how about a little respect for the games that paved the way for your Ultra Balloon and Mutant Fighter.

Although I'm not that great at maze games, this one will at least be fun to play. (Maybe not as thrilling as Mutant Fighter but still entertaining :))

Here I was looking for cavemen and shit. :?
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

For me it's next Pac-Mania. Patterns, patterns, patterns .......... and patterns without skills.
But I don't must play in this round. I'm very tired.
After round 9 Wuzel has 33points and Dax 33points too. :)

Round 10: wuzel vs Dax

Good luck guys. :wink:
Dax
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by Dax »

Don't you mean

Dax VS Wuzel (w/ destructor coaching)
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

Ok.

Round 10: Dax vs Wuzel

:wink:
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

If you Dax have questions you can mail to me. I will help you and wuzel. :wink:
But probably I don't play in this round. :)
wuzel
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by wuzel »

Dax wrote:Don't you mean

Dax VS Wuzel (w/ destructor coaching)
i think its a team work if we can say that - i dont play 4 des and he doesnt play 4 me
giving advice is like watching the inps - one is doing this other dont :(

we (i m) rahter old and treating this like a good fun but this all story about our hidding inps etc is boring and dosent speak 2 me
i m who i m and play like i play
no more comments
i think i dont want 2 play t7 due 2 this all crapy forum replys 2 my play and inps and other thing
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

wuzel wrote: we (i m) rahter old and treating this like a good fun but this all story about our hidding inps etc is boring and dosent speak 2 me
Yeah, it is boring.... PROBABLY BECAUSE YOU GUYS KEEP DOING IT.
i m who i m and play like i play
m? would it kill you to type one extra letter? I mean really...
i think i dont want 2 play t7 due 2 this all crapy forum replys 2 my play and inps and other thing
Didn't you say you were going to drop out of WCC3 too?
wuzel
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by wuzel »

yeah u right bbh we keep doing it :)
sorry but i am not that kind o guy who finds sth interesting a giving it away just 2 pleased other guys - it is sometimes a hard work
look round by round - we keep our score in secret only at this game and u can say 4 ultrabaloon (but it was due 2 our meeting) - that was the games in which we found sth new sth ql and sth 4 making points of - so if it is a competition sorry but u never show your best cards in any game :(

yes i was about 2 drop wcc3 but after the forum coversation i leave this idea

but T7 is different - I DONT WANT 2 PLAY with other people attitude like that
Zteuer
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Zteuer »

wuzel wrote: - we keep our score in secret only at this game and u can say 4 ultrabaloon (but it was due 2 our meeting)
What about your breakout meeting?
Dax
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by Dax »

wuzel wrote:yeah u right bbh we keep doing it :)
sorry but i am not that kind o guy who finds sth interesting a giving it away just 2 pleased other guys - it is sometimes a hard work
look round by round - we keep our score in secret only at this game and u can say 4 ultrabaloon (but it was due 2 our meeting) - that was the games in which we found sth new sth ql and sth 4 making points of - so if it is a competition sorry but u never show your best cards in any game :(

yes i was about 2 drop wcc3 but after the forum coversation i leave this idea

but T7 is different - I DONT WANT 2 PLAY with other people attitude like that

Yeah but you don't keep your scores secret from each other and that is what bothers most people. You both scheme and work together secretly upsetting the 1 on 1 odds that everyone else is using.

See everyone else here (I believe) is playing on his/her own, with no outside help, or tag-teaming witth another player. They upload their scores as they achieve them, and there is a sence of competition and fun as players continue to beat each others scores and move up in the rankings, etc..., they watch each others recordings and try to improve their own game. In this way the competition is dynamic and free flowing. I myself rarely even watch others inp's unless its to view a winning submition so your hiding doesn't really affect me in that way. What eats the shit outta me is these "one and only" last minute submissions that crush my score after ive been leading and improving all week long. Its just in bad taste.
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

wuzel wrote:that was the games in which we found sth new sth ql and sth 4 making points of
No matter how long I stare at this sentence, I just can't make any sense of it.

Most of what else I was going to say was just said by Dax... remember, these tournaments are about fun too, and where's the fun in waiting until the last minute to upload something instead of letting everyone see how your play progresses? If you are indeed the best PLAYER at the game, others won't be able to duplicate your play alone and get a higher score.
Weehawk
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by Weehawk »

BBH wrote:
wuzel wrote:that was the games in which we found sth new sth ql and sth 4 making points of
No matter how long I stare at this sentence, I just can't make any sense of it.
Presuming that "sth" ="something", I think this would translate to: "these were the only games in which we discovered an innovative technique for scoring points"
John Cunningham (JTC)