WCC 3 week 9 : BLASTED

Week Challenge Championship board

Moderator: NotMan

Francois Daniel
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Francois Daniel »

Here is my point of view of all these :

First, i see the inp posted by Phil in the poll (I don't know who make the inp). Ok, the inp is boring to watch and i vote for ban this technics BUT I don't think the leech can be made indefinitely because there are cybers who become crazy after a huge amount of time.

Second, there is no rule before and during this WCC3 who forbid this technics. Because of that, Wuzel's and Destructor's inp must be accepted.

Third, the poll are posted today (or maybe this night), It can't be used for this WCC. I never see a rule made after a tournament. Beside, if banning win, the scores should be deleted on the regular marp.

Fourth, about teaming play. They're is no rule who forbid anyone to play and train with his better friend. If one find a trick, it's normal he share it wiith his friend.

Fifth, for playing with same computer. I don't see the problem. I often post scores for my friend Shootix (Rest in Peace my friend) with my own computer because he had'nt have computer and he'd play on mine. Besides, we at jvrm made also meeting for speak, play and... drink of course :) And, if they're a tournament we play and post with the computer we have at this moment

Finally, even if Des and Wuzel play at this tournament with little fair play, they played on the rules who are edited in the beginning of the tournament. So, we can't blame them for that.

Last thing, all this give one conclusion. The only method for a tournament don't be spoiled with these shitted leeching is to made ranking by stage and not by points. Even on a well known game, somebody can find a trick who kill the contest, and often, the better gamer is the one who finish the game with the highest score.

Francois
wuzel
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by wuzel »

Francois Daniel wrote:Here is my point of view of all these :

First, i see the inp posted by Phil in the poll (I don't know who make the inp). Ok, the inp is boring to watch and i vote for ban this technics BUT I don't think the leech can be made indefinitely because there are cybers who become crazy after a huge amount of time
havent noticed that but maybe its true

Second, there is no rule before and during this WCC3 who forbid this technics. Because of that, Wuzel's and Destructor's inp must be accepted.
thank u - i know that i opened the pandoras box with this one but i asked phil about this and he said Points. for me it was just a bad luck - bad game, phils trpi 2 paris and this particular technique :(. i think if phil could stayed and put more time in this round the story will end : Stages. but i dont thing stages was a good idea also (it was just a bad game). i predict while waiting 4 phils answer that the farest stage will be 5 :( so if phil will decided stages i will play like this: leeching at stage 1 for about 150 000 and then a try 2 get 2 stage 3 maybe 4 (rather difficult) and i will wait which place i can take :). playing only for stages could end the way that a person with one shot more at each stage could win :( - yet again - badly chosen game but phil is not a god and cant predict that some guy from poland can find so lame method 2 break the system :)
Third, the poll are posted today (or maybe this night), It can't be used for this WCC. I never see a rule made after a tournament. Beside, if banning win, the scores should be deleted on the regular marp.
thank u
Fourth, about teaming play. They're is no rule who forbid anyone to play and train with his better friend. If one find a trick, it's normal he share it wiith his friend.
okey - if telling someone "i will leech at stage 1" or "i will fart at enemies at uballoon" is team play so okey we play as a team but its not as simple. even with this informatin a player without skills cant make a higher score than player without this inf and with some skills.

Fifth, for playing with same computer. I don't see the problem. I often post scores for my friend Shootix (Rest in Peace my friend) with my own computer because he had'nt have computer and he'd play on mine. Besides, we at jvrm made also meeting for speak, play and... drink of course :) And, if they're a tournament we play and post with the computer we have at this moment
U GOT THE POINT F :) while joining the marp i never thought that after a short time i will have some new friends - same freaks about arcade game as I :). never thought that i will see them and play with them while drinking some stufff :) this is a real beauty and nothing can change this :)
i m happy that in my country still are people who likes playing arcade games and had time to meet with other old school players :)
Finally, even if Des and Wuzel play at this tournament with little fair play, they played on the rules who are edited in the beginning of the tournament. So, we can't blame them for that.
once again thank u
Last thing, all this give one conclusion. The only method for a tournament don't be spoiled with these shitted leeching is to made ranking by stage and not by points. Even on a well known game, somebody can find a trick who kill the contest, and often, the better gamer is the one who finish the game with the highest score.
cant agree on this one. it 2 general. points makes a high score. there are very few games where stages are written in the hall of fame. making for example an air shooter or fighter or sel feena a stage game kill the beauty of it :(. its not a good idea.
we cant make this blasted example as a general. in other situation the whole story could and after phil ansewr 4 my email telling - stages - your technique is not aloved - just like it was 4 fastlane :) end of story everybody happy. for me playing 4 stages is not quiet challenging. u can alwasy play each stage for ages and finnaly beat it but making 4 example the all gathered together jump at stage 3 of pacmania is 4 sure more difficult than reaching stage 5 in blasted :( IMO :)

Francois[/quote]

another thx 4 the first contructive reply :)
It's good 2 be here with U guys :)
Dax
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by Dax »

Francois Daniel wrote:Second, there is no rule before and during this WCC3 who forbid this technics. Because of that, Wuzel's and Destructor's inp must be accepted.Francois

You cannot continuously gain points without some degree of risk and you must keep moving to complete a level. (Quote from the marp rules page)
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

I complete level.
wuzel
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by wuzel »

destructor wrote:I complete level.
its true i didnt just because it was 2 late ;(
i planed 2 leech 2 1 mln and then i was thinking about reaching stage 3 :(
but i was all gone :(
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

Well I decide to let it as it is, as final rankings are not affected by this round 9 (it should avoid me a big headache) ... I will try to make the rules more precise for WCC4

I assume perfectly that this game was a bad choice anyway :(
Francois Daniel
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Francois Daniel »

wuzel wrote:another thx 4 the first contructive reply :)
Thanks, I made so much time for write it :)

Maybe I got Rick's love for long post ;)

Francois
wuzel
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by wuzel »

Phil Lamat wrote:Well I decide to let it as it is, as final rankings are not affected by this round 9 (it should avoid me a big headache) ... I will try to make the rules more precise for WCC4

I assume perfectly that this game was a bad choice anyway :(
the final ranks are not affected by round 9 becuase due 2 all this disccusion and other things i dont want 2 play round 10 and i leave the 2 place 2 dax
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

Weehawk wrote:
destructor wrote:I want register to TG and send some scores. But I don't know where and how
You would start by becoming a TG member by filling out the form here:

http://www.twingalaxies.com/cgi-perl/me ... o=index.pl
I register today. I read rules and etc. And I read that that I must send record on videotape or photo with Kodak ol Poraroid. I don't have any devices to record videotape or make photo. Maybe I wrong understand.?My english is poor.
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

It depends on the scores and platform you are submitting.

There is a MAME division of TG. Check the TG forums and specifically the emulation gaming forum. There is a sticky there with details on how to submit MAME scores.

In a nutshell, you make sure you are playing at the correct game settings(TG has harder settings for many games versus mame defaults), then make the replay/inp file and submit it with your user info etc. to a TG-MAME referee...namely Mark Longridge via e-mail.
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

Thaks. But something wrong is today on this forum.

Web Crossing off
Could not reach the Web Crossing server -- server error: CGI TCP Connection Failed
Please try again later.

Maybe later.
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

TG is for me very mysterious. :)
I register to TG, read forum, email to M. Longridge. And I know nothing. :)
QRS
Editor

Post by QRS »

Make sure that you find out if a trick or a leeching thingie on "game x" is allowed before you send it to TG :)
QRS
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

I don't send anything because I don't know how and where :) and which version of mame is allowed to record inps :)
Weehawk
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by Weehawk »

destructor wrote:TG is for me very mysterious. :)
I register to TG, read forum, email to M. Longridge. And I know nothing. :)
Read rules for submitting at:

http://cubeman.vg-network.com/rules.txt

Scores so far are at:

http://cubeman.org/mame.txt

Settings required are summarized at:

http://cubeman.org/tgts.txt

Some of this material hasn't been updated very recently.

I imagine Mark should require all submissions to include a recording made with alphamame or wolfmame.

If there's something you can't figure out just ask here or email Mark.

If you have irc access, Mark is often in #marp under the name "cubex".
John Cunningham (JTC)