WCC 3 week 9 : BLASTED

Week Challenge Championship board

Moderator: NotMan

Dax
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by Dax »

I still haven't seen the two inps in question, but I personally think if the method is "safe" and "indefinate" leeching then those scores should be zeroed. I think if Wuz would have told the truth theres no way Phil would have allowed it. As far as the other submissions they should still stand or maybe we could go by round instead. Not sure what round the two "questionable" inps got to, but Donut and I got to rounds 5 and 6 respectively.

I really played hard on this game all week and feel my score is a legitimate good score. I would very much like to still receive the points. Even if it means giving wuzel 10 points and me only 5. At this point Im just going for a personal best and would rather have the points even if it means giving wuzel 2nd place in the competition.

Besides, Im proud of my 3rd place finsish in this tournament if thats what I end up getting. Because I know that I did it on my own, with no help from others, no hiding and no teammates "shaving points" for me. In a way im sort of 1st place in the group who didn't stoop to these methods.

Maybe there should be an * next to Des and Wuz to show they played as a team and not individually.
Last edited by Dax on Fri Oct 31, 2003 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Weehawk
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by Weehawk »

Dax wrote:In a way im sort of 1st place...
Maybe more than "in a way"...
Phil wrote:And Wuzel & Destructor, can you tell us more about the blockout round : Buttermaker has prooved that 3 inputs were done on the same PC, you told us you hadn't met ... so ?????????????????
17 question marks....

It would appear Phil wants an explanation.
John Cunningham (JTC)
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

I have 3 computers to playing (2 in house, 1 at friend), wuzel has 3 also (1 in house, 1 at girlfriend, 1 in work), asn has about 12 (1 him, 1 wife, about 10 in work).

I and wuzel live near me and meet enough often not only in order to to play. Asn lives a bit further but when he hears about our meet he always wants to arrive to us.
But great meetings HotTeam we organize once usually in year.

Every of HotTeam plays with owns hands if even play on one computer!!!

I forgot. Asn has 0 pionts in round 1.
Last edited by destructor on Fri Oct 31, 2003 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

About 'blasted'.
1. Maybe it's leeching but not banned.
2. On normal way important is only luck and fast shooting (try go to stage 10 - it's impossible)
3. Each prehistoric game has leeching points - that is why I always talk "Next prehistoric game"

BTW to Dax. I spend whole week on Uballoon 14 hours in each day to get first place and what? 0!
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

To players which don't play in WCC3 only talk about WCC3 especially about HotTeam:
Where are yours scores? What you show (some interesting methods, high scores, etc.)? You only talk and talk but nothing do and nothing know about ours team.

Destructor is one person. If you have enough my win in tournaments I don't play more in any tournaments. You don't must banned me!!!!!
If you want delete me from MARP you don't must make it. I make it self Weehawk.
On MARP are some players which don't play solo (I know who - but I'm not malicious)(maybe you Weehawk don't play solo too?) but I play solo, wuzel play solo, asn play solo, BlackTiger play solo, Diesel ....... but we change information in team.
MARP isn't my work. Anybody pay me for playing.
Weehawk
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by Weehawk »

destructor wrote:If you want delete me from MARP you don't must make it. I make it self Weehawk.
destructor, I know you have difficulty with English (my ignorance being greater in that I speak no Polish whatsoever) so let me be very clear:

It has been suggested by others that someone may have submitted inps for other players in week 1 of the WCC. I have offered the opinion that if someone did that then they should be dealt with very harshly. This has nothing to do with you personally. If you didn't do anything like that then my opinion has nothing whatsoever to do with you does it?
destructor wrote:maybe you Weehawk don't play solo too
As I have a whopping 2 points in the WCC, and don't participate in the MARP leaderboard, I see little reason anyone should be concerned whether or not I have "help". :lol:
destructor wrote:MARP isn't my work. Anybody pay me for playing
You know, it's very funny that you should say that. I had actually thought about offering you a small reward for beating a certain score on MAME and submitting to TG.

I may contact you privately about it one of these days. :wink:
John Cunningham (JTC)
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

I want register to TG and send some scores. But I don't know where and how. :(

I thing more: we (asn, wuzel, I) sometimes play on one computer but never asn don't play for me and I for him. If there will be rule that players can't play on one computer then ok. Then asn and wuzel will arrive to me with ours computers. But it's heavy during travel.
But how you check that computers are identical?
Dax
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by Dax »

destructor wrote:BTW to Dax. I spend whole week on Uballoon 14 hours in each day to get first place and what? 0!
Yes, but you broke the rules that week. As far as I can tell I didn't break any rules on blasted.
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

Dax wrote:
destructor wrote:BTW to Dax. I spend whole week on Uballoon 14 hours in each day to get first place and what? 0!
Yes, but you broke the rules that week. As far as I can tell I didn't break any rules on blasted.
Yes. You are right. But now I don't broke any rule.

If this round will be canceled then what? Will be round 11?
Dax
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by Dax »

destructor wrote:
Dax wrote:
Yes. You are right. But now I don't broke any rule.

If this round will be canceled then what? Will be round 11?
Yes you did. You used a banned leeching technique. Not to mention point shaving for wuzel.
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

I don't stay in one place and fire. I must move.
Heh you watch my inp :D
Now this have no sense. You Dax have 2 position after all tournament. I talk today with wuzel at my home. He don't play in last round, he's boring talking about ours methods etc. But anybody don't find betters methods in any round. It's very sad.

Congratulation Dax.
Weehawk
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by Weehawk »

destructor wrote:I want register to TG and send some scores. But I don't know where and how
You would start by becoming a TG member by filling out the form here:

http://www.twingalaxies.com/cgi-perl/me ... o=index.pl
John Cunningham (JTC)
Dax
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by Dax »

destructor wrote:I don't stay in one place and fire. I must move.
Heh you watch my inp :D
Now this have no sense. You Dax have 2 position after all tournament. I talk today with wuzel at my home. He don't play in last round, he's boring talking about ours methods etc. But anybody don't find betters methods in any round. It's very sad.

Congratulation Dax.
Thats dissappointing to hear. If he is man enough to play up to know he should finish what he started. I am. Even though I know the cards are stacked against me.
wuzel
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by wuzel »

Dax wrote:I still haven't seen the two inps in question, but I personally think if the method is "safe" and "indefinate" leeching then those scores should be zeroed. I think if Wuz would have told the truth theres no way Phil would have allowed it. As far as the other submissions they should still stand or maybe we could go by round instead. Not sure what round the two "questionable" inps got to, but Donut and I got to rounds 5 and 6 respectively.

I really played hard on this game all week and feel my score is a legitimate good score. I would very much like to still receive the points. Even if it means giving wuzel 10 points and me only 5. At this point Im just going for a personal best and would rather have the points even if it means giving wuzel 2nd place in the competition.

Besides, Im proud of my 3rd place finsish in this tournament if thats what
I end up getting. Because I know that I did it on my own, with no help from others, no hiding and no teammates "shaving points" for me. In a way im sort of 1st place in the group who didn't stoop to these methods.

Maybe there should be an * next to Des and Wuz to show they played as a team and not individually.
your second dax at wcc3 if u post anything at this last round
i dont want 2 play in this tournament anymore
i m proud 2 be third proude 2 find something interesting and new (maybe 4 somebody leeching maybe not) instead of stupid trying 2 make high score without an extraordinary idea :)
it was a pleasure 2 be here.
chosing this game wasnt my fault - it was a total leeching game and i made a method 2 do a high score using it.
i told phil about it and also des - to him i only said that i dont know what 2 do beause i can leech endlesly at stage one and he figured out everything else by himself
i told phil about it - ofcures a didnt tell him exactly what i want 2 do becuase at staurday or aunday i didnt know by myself how this method will work - phil said points so next days i was trying improve my method and thats what i did :( - am i guilty? YES I M!!!!!
so.....phil do what u want 2 do - i dont care much
it was fun and good time but lately this whole tournament run makes everybody nuts :(
so what that u dax practice all week - who cares. u can learn your whole life and a "leecher" like my could easily beat u

personally think if the method is "safe" and "indefinate" leeching then those scores should be zeroed - go ahead make 500 000 this safe method, u cant see this inps??? what a shame for 2 weeks u can even see it and u talking about it :(
i m a little bit angry and sad about this whole situation - i never thought that in returne from such a little subject i will recived so much critic
this is my last reply here
BYE
wuzel
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by wuzel »

destructor wrote:To players which don't play in WCC3 only talk about WCC3 especially about HotTeam:
Where are yours scores? What you show (some interesting methods, high scores, etc.)? You only talk and talk but nothing do and nothing know about ours team.

Destructor is one person. If you have enough my win in tournaments I don't play more in any tournaments. You don't must banned me!!!!!
If you want delete me from MARP you don't must make it. I make it self Weehawk.
On MARP are some players which don't play solo (I know who - but I'm not malicious)(maybe you Weehawk don't play solo too?) but I play solo, wuzel play solo, asn play solo, BlackTiger play solo, Diesel ....... but we change information in team.
MARP isn't my work. Anybody pay me for playing.
AMEN
It's good 2 be here with U guys :)