WCC 3 week 4 : MUTANT FIGHTER (mutantf)

Week Challenge Championship board

Moderator: NotMan

BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

Beatmania isn't a dancing game. You have 5 keys (or 7 keys in IIDX) and a turntable, you have to follow the notes that come down on the screen and push the correct buttons to create music and play the song correctly.

It's more addicting and more difficult than you could ever imagine.
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

Bleh :( BBH is crazy too :)
dskys
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by dskys »

Beatmania sounds cool.. The principle seems the same as all the dancing ones tho.. is that about right?

Some of the heavy and challenging steps on the keyboard are almost impossible tho... anyone had any luck getting a mat to work via usb/parallel port? Im tempted to buy a mat this weekend, but only if i can get it working this weekend. heh ;)

Yeah Phil, give lil old me a chance in the next round. Hyper Sports please. I'll use my autofire hack, eh tommi? j/k :twisted: :arrow: :D
#Find another way to me
Find another way and make me free
Then you hear my voice 'don't find another wayyyyy'
Oh i've cried for you, please follow me oh follow meee
wuzel
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by wuzel »

destructor wrote:Bleh :( BBH is crazy too :)
heh but crazy in the good meaning :)
music and dancing games are ql :)
in my city there was one arcade machine Dancemania rmx II i think and it was ql 2 see how people are dancing and jumping 2 the popular songs :)
but i never had courage 2 put a coin in there and dance by myself
in the silence of my room its defferent :)
i would like 2 buy a mat but a metal one if i can give u an advice dskys - the plastic one is bad and its almost unplayable and its very defective :(
It's good 2 be here with U guys :)
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

dskys wrote:
Yeah Phil, give lil old me a chance in the next round. Hyper Sports please. I'll use my autofire hack, eh tommi? j/k :twisted: :arrow: :D
Ha-ha-ha 8)

All you really need to win... dedication:

"I LOVE....MARP"
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

Nice play Nanni. It pleased to me.
wuzel
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by wuzel »

what a sudden apperance of inputs :)

nanni - u got skills and good ideas :)
3rd stage rocks :)

the second also but i m 2 inpatient :)

des and nanni - u rule this game
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

Congrats Destructor and Nanni, very nice recordings. Nanni's definitely being the more interesting to watch. (Perfect on the Golem, you rule :))

Now, how's about either of you finishing the game now, huh? :)
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

dskys wrote:Beatmania sounds cool.. The principle seems the same as all the dancing ones tho.. is that about right?
yeah, it's a similar concept. Beatmania was actually the first in Konami's music-based Bemani series, DDR didn't come until later. But instead of following arrows that reach the top of the screen, you have to press the buttons (or scratch the turntable for certain parts) to match notes that reach the bottom of the screen. The notes actually play parts of the song, so if you're off-beat or miss notes it's going to make the song sound like crap. I guess it could be considered pretty comparable to Stepmania and the like, since it doesn't need the feet, just hands... but songs become far, far more difficult than anything ever in DDR. Having seven buttons and a turntable in IIDX is a lot to worry about, especially since it's not uncommon to have to hit three or four keys together. Or four keys + turntable at once.
Some of the heavy and challenging steps on the keyboard are almost impossible tho... anyone had any luck getting a mat to work via usb/parallel port? Im tempted to buy a mat this weekend, but only if i can get it working this weekend. heh ;)
I've heard mention of a converter that worked great for just that purpose, I got some other USB converter strictly for MAME (wanted to use my arcade stick) and it ended up sucking complete ass, noticeable big-ass delays between when I pushed a button and when it actually registered. So... yeah
gamerya
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by gamerya »

IIDX is difficult, however when u play as much as me...basically anything that is difficult has been played like over 200 times...so it becomes the back of my hand ^_^...beatmania is boring and simple though...goooo IIDX.

hmmm talking about alot of keys at once...the big voyager -infinite prayer interpretation- on 'another' mode takes that award... think it has 5 keys and scratch, about 4 times in the song...if i remember correctly... been awhile since i touched 5th style.

ddr is much easier on keyboard...too boring. then again, after u can FC evrysong on the arcade machine...gets quite boring. ONLY song i haven't FC'ed is PSMO...then again, dont think i ever will. still trying to AAA heavy songs...total is upto 27 now >.<
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

Only 7 inps in this round :(
wuzel
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by wuzel »

destructor wrote:Only 7 inps in this round :(
only 7 but what a style in it :)
this game made some people 2 keep away form this round i think
or maybe they dont have time 2 play :)
Nanni
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Nanni »

destructor wrote:Nice play Nanni. It pleased to me.
Thank Des :) but you are still the top :wink:
wuzel wrote:what a sudden apperance of inputs

nanni - u got skills and good ideas
3rd stage rocks

the second also but i m 2 inpatient

des and nanni - u rule this game
And you miss my "Hell's Bounce" with Dragon in stage 5 and "Tornado Kick" versus Hydra in stage 6 :wink: ;
mahlemiut wrote:Congrats Destructor and Nanni, very nice recordings. Nanni's definitely being the more interesting to watch. (Perfect on the Golem, you rule :))

Now, how's about either of you finishing the game now, huh? :)
I cant defeat D. Ganger :x , last two stages are easier but in stage 7 i haven't any idea and no time :cry: for look at this... maybe after WCC.

Bye
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

gamerya wrote: ddr is much easier on keyboard...too boring. then again, after u can FC evrysong on the arcade machine...gets quite boring. ONLY song i haven't FC'ed is PSMO...then again, dont think i ever will. still trying to AAA heavy songs...total is upto 27 now >.<
dammit. everyone has a Heavy AAA now except me. :( 2 and a half years of playing, and not a single Heavy AAA... sigh. I should just quit.
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

BBH wrote:
gamerya wrote: ddr is much easier on keyboard...too boring. then again, after u can FC evrysong on the arcade machine...gets quite boring. ONLY song i haven't FC'ed is PSMO...then again, dont think i ever will. still trying to AAA heavy songs...total is upto 27 now >.<
dammit. everyone has a Heavy AAA now except me. :( 2 and a half years of playing, and not a single Heavy AAA... sigh. I should just quit.
Wow, I'm quite surprised you haven't gotten one for how good you are. :) I still don't have one either. :( I'm getting pretty close on True... Trance Sunrise Mix though.