WCC 3 week 4 : MUTANT FIGHTER (mutantf)

Week Challenge Championship board

Moderator: NotMan

The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

I understand desire to keep ones tactics secret. Nevertheless that's not real competition,and not fun as said before. If you played this at arcade, I could be watching behind your back...watching better player sure helps...but that will not make you better without more skill or more playing. What's so bad with all the scores going up. Is the right way to win a competition to only figure out a good tactic, no, may the best player win.

24 hour rule is ok, it's purpose is to keep inps coming more often, for people not to hide their tactics. Nevertheless you openly admit that you want to hide your tactics...that's not the spirit of competition here imo. Hiding a tactic works both ways...If you hide a tactic at this game, maybe next game tactics are kept secret from you by someone else..is that fun to play the game very much, and be only beaten by some tricks?
Part of the competition is to watch other players' performances imo. What will you do if your supertacticsinp does not playback when submitted at last moment...
QRS
Editor

Post by QRS »

The TJT wrote:I understand desire to keep ones tactics secret. Nevertheless that's not real competition,and not fun as said before. If you played this at arcade, I could be watching behind your back...watching better player sure helps...but that will not make you better without more skill or more playing. What's so bad with all the scores going up. Is the right way to win a competition to only figure out a good tactic, no, may the best player win.

24 hour rule is ok, it's purpose is to keep inps coming more often, for people not to hide their tactics. Nevertheless you openly admit that you want to hide your tactics...that's not the spirit of competition here imo. Hiding a tactic works both ways...If you hide a tactic at this game, maybe next game tactics are kept secret from you by someone else..is that fun to play the game very much, and be only beaten by some tricks?
Part of the competition is to watch other players' performances imo. What will you do if your supertacticsinp does not playback when submitted at last moment...
Amen!
QRS
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

I make 540k. This is my actual score. But I can make more.

BTW. I don't play early on any games from WCC3. On this game I play 2-3 hours for a day.
wuzel
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by wuzel »

The TJT wrote:I understand desire to keep ones tactics secret. Nevertheless that's not real competition,and not fun as said before. If you played this at arcade, I could be watching behind your back...watching better player sure helps...but that will not make you better without more skill or more playing. What's so bad with all the scores going up. Is the right way to win a competition to only figure out a good tactic, no, may the best player win.

Part of the competition is to watch other players' performances imo. What
will you do if your supertacticsinp does not playback when submitted at last moment...
by some tricks - i have 2 admit its crap but when u play sth kinda better then the others by using a skill different than other players - different and more efficient
okej as qrs said - AMEN
i still dont have a inp so i cant hide any :)
It's good 2 be here with U guys :)
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

QRS wrote:

Amen!
I'll third that.

Like Tommi said, the player that should be most deserving of winning should be the one with the most skill at playing the game. Not the one who finds an obscure trick or leeching tactic that dilutes the skill required to get a high score.

It's not like there's some big monetary prize for winning one of these tournaments, it's all in the name of fun. And it's not very fun when NOBODY is submitting on a game because they all want to wait for the last second to submit just because they're paranoid that their "tricks" are going to be copied by everyone else.

It's like I said earlier. Destructor, you're an amazing player with great skill at a lot of games. You don't need to resort to this cowardly shit.
cosumel
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by cosumel »

Personally, I've seen some INP's from some games that I still cannot get any better. Unless I can see what keys you are pressing, it does me no good, unless in some games like Stocker, there are shortcuts or tricks to getting it done, but in fighters, you doing a piledriver on the other guy does me no good unless you show me what keys to press.
Keeping an inp for reasons like that seems to be like turning a game around in the arcade so no one can see it; removing all the fun from it. This is all for fun, unless I missed something and Phil is paying the winner a prize other than bragging rights.
Ray
"You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers.
You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions." - Naguib Mahfouz
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

Only 11 hours and I submit my inps. Without any tricks(maybe one on Golem :) ). Simple, very simple play. I think that my score isn't the best. Maybe who has higher score.

BTW. Look Gun Force 2 in K3. I don't hide leeching technique on rockets.

BTW. It's a pity that You BBH don't play in WCC3 :( You are amazing player not I.
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

destructor wrote:Only 11 hours and I submit my inps. Without any tricks(maybe one on Golem :) ). Simple, very simple play. I think that my score isn't the best. Maybe who has higher score.
inpS? But you only need one to submit at the last minute and... ohhhhhhh, never mind.
BTW. Look Gun Force 2 in K3. I don't hide leeching technique on rockets.
You were pretty much the only player that could reach that stage though, right? And either way the game did have a timer so you couldn't leech forever. Nobody else ever got to take advantage of that point in the game.
BTW. It's a pity that You BBH don't play in WCC3 :( You are amazing player not I.
None of the games have really struck my fancy as something I would want to play... and I don't have the time for MAME now that I'm fully addicted to Beatmania IIDX (DeSangre can testify :P)
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

Beatmania? What this is?
BBH wrote: inpS? But you only need one to submit at the last minute and... ohhhhhhh, never mind.
Yes inpS. For all 3 sets :)
wuzel
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by wuzel »

cosumel wrote:Personally, I've seen some INP's from some games that I still cannot get any better. Unless I can see what keys you are pressing, it does me no good, unless in some games like Stocker, there are shortcuts or tricks to getting it done, but in fighters, you doing a piledriver on the other guy does me no good unless you show me what keys to press.
Keeping an inp for reasons like that seems to be like turning a game around in the arcade so no one can see it; removing all the fun from it. This is all for fun, unless I missed something and Phil is paying the winner a prize other than bragging rights.
i think u will be surpirse how easily u can beat this game and make a high score
buttons isnt the key (its not street figther) - and its not a leeching method
its not a bug it is just a skilful gameplay :)
congrats des
wuzel
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by wuzel »

[quote="destructor"]Beatmania? What this is?quote]

as far as i know beatmania is a music or rather dance game 4 i think playstation :)
very good fun :) the music is playing and u have 2 press correct buttons on a special platform 2 gain score :) - and u actually dancing :)
i have this game but i m not that rich 2 buy a platform :)
dskys
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by dskys »

All this week my time has been taken up playing Stepmania... it's far too addictive for it's own right. I only discovered it while looking at some plans for an arcade cab and the guy said he was gonna build a dance platform to play stepmania with...

Very addictive, even on keyboard tho :)

http://www.stepmania.com
#Find another way to me
Find another way and make me free
Then you hear my voice 'don't find another wayyyyy'
Oh i've cried for you, please follow me oh follow meee
Dax
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by Dax »

What?!

Ok I thought the whole dance thing was a joke but now I see you guys are serious. You're telling me the best and brightest Marpers are selling out to a dancing game? Say it ain't so? :cry:
QRS
Editor

Post by QRS »

I would love to play those dancing games if I could find them anywhere in Sweden :( Not the same thing to play them at home.
QRS
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

You all are crazy :!: Dancing games :!: Phil I please for these players in next round a liitle fun game :wink:
Last edited by destructor on Fri Sep 19, 2003 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.