Newbie Questions: Resubmission of inps and dip settings

Archive of the old message board

Moderator: Chad

Thunky

Newbie Questions: Resubmission of inps and dip settings

Post by Thunky »

If I submit a score for a particular driver and then I'm able to beat it in a later recording, can I resubmit and have it replace my earlier submission? I didn't want to accidently "place" more than once for the same game.
<p>

Also, what's the rule you guys are following for dip switch settings? I noticed on Galaga that the top score is using the Twin Galaxies settings. So, do you all like to use the TG settings if available and then go with the default otherwise? If so, I'll start recording my Galaga games with different settings. ;-)

<p>

Thanks Zwaxy for providing such a great site!

--
halsema@gte.net
BBH

Answers

Post by BBH »

Welcome to MARP!
<p>

If you already have a score for a game and you get a score that beats that, feel free to re-submit. The script will only store the highest score per player, so you won't place twice.

<p>

As for dip switches... I guess using TG Settings is preferrable if that game is actually on the list, but I always use default settings. I suppose if someone has a high score that's on TG Settings, it's ok to knock it off (if you can) using TG settings too. :)

<p>

-BBH

--
lordbbh@aol.com
Zwaxy

Post by Zwaxy »

Hi Thunky!
<p>

Your old score will be saved on the site, but it won't be visible. It will look like you only sent in the highest of all your scores on a game.

<p>

With the TG settings, use them if you like for extra cred (and the chance to appear in the TG book) - they're harder than the default settings. All I ask is that you don't play the games on any setting that's easier than MAME's default.

<p>

Welcome to the page...

<p>

Chris.

--
zwaxy@bigfoot.com
stephen krogman

Re: Help on Galaga settings...

Post by stephen krogman »

To help answer some questions on what settings to use for playing any of the Galaga ver. It's simple. Of course you have the option of playing any game on any setting you want, allthough if you stick to the Twin Galaxies Settings you can almost guarantee a spot in the next edition of the Book of World Records geared for summer next year. For a game like Galaga in particular (never played the game... :) j/k) I recommend the TG settings of men awarded at 20K 70K and every 70K untill 1M points is reached with a difficulty setting of "D". Even know this is the hardest setting, it will allow a player to surpass stage 255 and continue playing at stage 1 keeping his current score! This is very handy for players that can achieve this higher level of gameplay. Otherwise you'll be stopped in your tracks at stage 255. Hope this helped a little. LET'S START SEEING MORE INP'S FOR GALAGA!!!! I'd love some competition! 8)
<p>

Steve Krogman
"Galaga King"

--
skrogman@concentric.net