I'm taking a break from MARP

Archive of the old message board

Moderator: Chad

JSW

I'm taking a break from MARP

Post by JSW »

I'll be away on holiday for a couple of weeks, so feel free to knock me off the leaderboard :)
<p>

Thanks to all the MARPers for providing some great competition over the last few months, there's certainly some talented players around here. I've had some great challenges with JoustGod, Angry, BBH, Krool.. getting involved with games I'd never dreamed of playing before (280zzzap, zzyyzzzxx??), posting scores which I think are near unbeatable, only to see them beaten the next day, getting frustrated cus I get so close to a high score only to crash n burn.. (this happens a lot!).. but it's all been fun.
Special thanks to Zwaxy for making this great site, MARP has got to be one of the best fully automated sites on the net, WTG Wonderboy!

<p>

Krool - I'm looking forward to those Streety challenges, see ya soon

<p>

bye bye but I'll be back ;)

--
jwilson@sv.net.au
BBH

Viva la MARP!

Post by BBH »

Woohoo, now I have some time to work on beating that Challenger score! :) Have fun on vacation, JSW.
<p>

This site IS a lot of fun... Zwaxy has done a great job on the scripts to get this site fully automated. But then again, without the players this site just wouldn't be the same. With scores constantly getting beaten you have to stay on your toes and take note of how the other players get their scores too... although you do need some skill ;) But it's the whole thrill of competition that makes this site cool. Putting up high scores on your computer with a friend or two who might play MAME too is fun, but doesn't match the competition you'd find in a real arcade. You'd never know when someone you'd never seen before would come out of the shadows and just shatter your old high score.

<p>

This site has really grown in the last six months... I remember when there were only a dozen recordings up! How much better will the site be when the first-year anniversary comes around? :)

<p>

-BBH

--
lordbbh@aol.com