100,000+ score in spiders? Shows up as 850pts...

Archive of the old message board

Moderator: Chad

Joe

100,000+ score in spiders? Shows up as 850pts...

Post by Joe »

Hello again.
<p>

Now that I've got playback working, some of the playback files don't
seem to live up to their advertising. BBH's finishing of 1942 worked
great - all 32 levels! But I downloaded vm_cclim and jsw_spid expecting to see scores over 100,000 in Crazy Climber and Spiders respectively. However when I played these ones back, they show the players dying rather quickly - at a mere 850 points in Spiders, for example. Not sure why this is happening. I am using the batch file that renames the cfg and score files, so these files shouldn't be causing any problems.

--
hiwayman@infonet.isl.net
Zwaxy

problems with playbacks?

Post by Zwaxy »

Well - maybe you're not using the same version of MAME that was used to make the recordings. Sometimes that matters and other times it doesn't.
<p>

If you look at the tables for spiders you'll see that all the top 3 recordings were made with m33b5. Vince's cclimber recording was made with the official mame31 release.

<p>

In case you don't have copies of these old MAME binaries, I keep a page of all the DOS versions of MAME with the record/playback feature on http://guruchoc.communitech.net/zwaxy/diffs.htm - you can get to it by clicking 'Index' on the top line, then 'versions' in middle of the bottom line of the table on the index page.

<p>

I hope that helps...

<p>

Chris.

--
zwaxy@bigfoot.com