Do not know where to post this Jcbritt and Jaydawg same person!

Discussion of playback questions / problems. Any recording where people have playback problems should appear here.

Moderator: Chad

simpsons99
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Do not know where to post this Jcbritt and Jaydawg same person!

Post by simpsons99 »

I really do not know where to post this . Jcbritt and Jaydawg and the same player.

I am pretty sure this breaks a rule of having more then one account?

d) At MARP, only ONE account is allowed per player; if two accounts have the same email or IP address, or anything proves to be created by the same player, only the first account will be kept.
If you have a FB Account I'm Brian Allen
On KLOV and other sites I'm Simpsons99
Arcade Game Scores
DKJR 1,073,800 Level F Kill screen !
DK3 TG MED Skill Level 1,365,000 Level 80?
simpsons99
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Re: Do not know where to post this Jcbritt and Jaydawg same person!

Post by simpsons99 »

this has been read 93 times in almost 3 weeks time.. Not one respond or anything done about this.
Arcade Game Scores
BeeJay
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by BeeJay »

Perhaps lots of people are like me and are taking a break from their computers around Christmas time? in my case it's also summer time so there's better things to do than being inside on a computer!! It's not like anyone is paid to look at these forums, or perhaps those who read the post don't really care given the small number of uploads from these two accounts and the fact that there is no date overlap in the submissions?

I assume you think they're the same person because of the style of their game play and/or the initials they record on the games? It may be useful to also include what evidence and/or indication made you think they're the same person in your post? Looking at their uploads, jcbritt did several uploads between 2015 and December 2016 and nothing since then. jaydawg did uploads starting from December 2019. If they are the same person, perhaps they simply could not remember the password for their jcbritt account so they created a new jaydawg account to carry on participating at Marp? It wouldn't be the first time this has happened where the credentials can't be remembered and no obvious way to ask for Marp credentials to be reset.

If it can be established that they are the same person, someone with suitable access could look at combining these recordings under a single account, assuming that sort of merge of accounts can be accomplished?

Cheers,
BeeJay.
simpsons99
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by simpsons99 »

I know it's the same person because they showed me the scores on my discord .. I knew they had the other account. Should be able to tell if it's from the same IP Adresss . I understand everything about it being Christmas time.. I hope you are safe
Arcade Game Scores
BeeJay
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by BeeJay »

simpsons99 wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:55 pm I know it's the same person because they showed me the scores on my discord .. I knew they had the other account.
That's useful to know. Over to someone with suitable access to see if the two accounts can be safely combined.
simpsons99 wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:55 pm Should be able to tell if it's from the same IP Adresss .
Unless they're paying for a fixed IP address on their internet connection, it's not really a suitable means to determine if it's the same person. This is especially the case if they're running behind any form of proxy server where the apparent IP address is the same for all people using the same proxy server. For example, they could be using a VPN service to mask their actual IP address/location, often the case to get access to services which are geo-fenced such as the US version of NetFlix content etc.
simpsons99 wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:55 pm I understand everything about it being Christmas time.. I hope you are safe
Thanks. All good here in NZ, unlike our cousins over the ditch in Aussie where the wildfires are causing serious damage and heartache.